Chapter 3

We probably talked for an hour on the rooftop before the bell rang for all students to go home.

We watched as students started pouring out of the school and I turned around to get off the ledge.

He jumped down and held out his hand to help me. I gave him a straight smile before I took his hand and jumped down.

He put his hands in his pockets and looked at me amused. I raised my eyebrow, "What?"

"Nothing." He said before he raised his arms to stretch.

I took the time to put my bag over my shoulder and was faced with a hand in front of me. I looked up and saw him as he smiled. "We haven't properly introduced."

He cleared his throat before speaking, "I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

I looked at his hand and then placed my hand on his into a handshake. "Sumi. Ahn Sumi."

His smile was addicting. It was shaped almost like a soft rectangle. He looked at me and then picked up his bag from the ground. "Do you have a ride?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, I usually walk."

He grinned, "Then I'll drive you home!"

"No." I immediately replied before I walked away from him.

He followed after me and then held my shoulder. "Why? It's faster. We live close together."

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder, "I don't want to trust someone who hasn't gotten their official driver's license again, too much stress."

We both walked down to the main entrance and I saw his car in front of us as we walked through the parking lot.

I waited for him to go over to his car but, he didn't go to his car. Instead, he kept walking with me.

"What about your car?" I watched him looking at his phone.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'll get it tomorrow." He said before he turned off his phone and smiled at me.

"Alright." I didn't want to keep talking about it so I just ended it there.

As we walked, I noticed that this guy does not stop talking. I haven't seen his mouth not moving as we walked home.

We turned the corner to my street and I stopped midway before I turned to face Taehyung. "You can go now. Thanks for dropping me home."

He looked at me confused but then nodded. "Okay, see you tomorrow, Sumi-yah." He turned around and started walking.

I watched him as he crossed the street and then disappeared into the trees. I sighed before I walked towards my house.

I stopped again when I heard shouting and someone crying. I looked to the left to see Seojoon walking out of his house and I saw a man who stood at the doorway who looked furious. I instantly knew it was Seojoon's father. The one who no one really knows.

Seojoon saw me standing there and he quickly turned to see if his father was still there. When his father was gone, he ran towards me and wrapped me in his embrace. "Sumi."

I didn't notice that I had tears going down my cheeks and my neck. He caresses the back of my head as he whispered 'It's okay.' or 'Don't cry.' into my ear.

"Seojoon-ah..." My voice cracked and he pulled away to looked at me. He lightly wiped the tears from my eyes and gave me a broken smile.

I finally got to see his face and instantly I saw small cuts on the sides of his face and the cut on his bottom lip looked like it was recent.