Chapter 13

I woke up still with my eyes closed but I felt a heavy weight on my body. I stirred around but the weight wouldn't lighten.

Opening my eyes, I saw Seojoon's face inches from mine. His eyes were closed and his breathing was even. His lips formed a small pout and I watched him as he slept.

My heart was beating incredibly fast and I felt blood rush to my cheeks as I kept staring at his sleeping state.

Being that curious person I was, I lightly touched his hair that fell over his eyes. I pushed them back and Seojoon stirred in his sleep and I put my hand back on the blanket as quick as I could.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw me looking at him and his eyes widened. His mouth opened to speak but I quickly blew in his face in embarrassment and he coughed, fanning his face.

I sat up to avoid his eyes. He groaned as he sat up next to me and I looked at him.

He glared at me saying sarcastically, "What a great way to wake up."

I shook my head and he looked around. "Did I fall asleep here after what happened?"

I shrugged as I got off the bed and walked over to the bathroom. Turning the water on from the sink, I washed my face with Seojoon's face wash. I took the mouthwash and poured some in my mouth, swishing it around a couple of times before spitting it out.

As I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, Seojoon walked in behind me and grabbed his toothbrush.

"How do you feel?" He asked looking at me from the mirror and squeezing some toothpaste onto his toothbrush.

"Fine. Sorry for waking you last night." I apologized and he shrugged before brushing his teeth.

I walked out of the bathroom towards Seojoon's bedroom where I grabbed my clothes from his desk.

I turned around to walk out of his room but I was met with a frowning Seojoon leaning on his bedroom doorframe. "Where are you going?"

"Home." I replied blankly.

"You haven't even had breakfast." Seojoon said and I faked a smile. "I can just eat at home. I'm going to go, okay? See you later, Seojoon."

As I walked past him, he took my hand and turned me around. I looked at Seojoon and he sighed. "Just eat here, please. For me."

"Seojoon-"

"Please. I won't talk about anything." He pleaded and I started walking towards the kitchen downstairs.

He followed me and started cooking something on the stove as I sat at the dining table. I leaned my head on my hand as I blankly stared at the walls thinking about what happened last night.

Seojoon's concerned face appeared in my head and I tried to shake it off. After what I said last night, Seojoon's face immediately changed at that moment.

His mouth dropped and his eyes widened. I frowned as I wiped my tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being like this. I'm so stupid,"

I chuckled in disbelief. "I don't blame you if you're mad. I'd be mad at myself too. I just confessed that I still have feelings for a man who ruined my life. That's just messed up."

Seojoon closed his mouth and surprised me with a hug. He sighed and then whispered, "You are not stupid, Sumi. I am not mad at you for being a human being. If you have feelings for someone, there is nothing we can do to change that."

He pulled himself off me and smiled softly. "I'm just... I'm worried for you. I can't make you not have feelings for Jiwon, but I can help you and support you when you need it. Don't forget that."