The Nightmare Has Begun

Krystal Yeung was certainly far from 'okay'.

    For days, she had been hallucinating, affected not only by sudden, painful headaches, but also terrifying thoughts of someone trying to kill her. All her classmates and teachers had been trying to fix her paranoia, but it was simply no use. It was far too unnatural for a Lunar Chronicles fangirl. No one knew what had happened to her. At midnight, she would wander the corridors, rubbing madly at her hands and muttering ghoulishly, freaking everyone out.

    This night, to everyone's surprise, she stayed in her room, nice and quiet.

    As Krystal slept, her closed blue eyes ringed with black, a shadowy figure slipped into the room through the open window. The hooded person smirked evilly as she smoothly yanked a pillowcase over Krystal's head. Immediately, Krystal woke up and began struggling, screaming for help.

    "I put the pill of insanity in your glass,"the murderer hissed. "Now you know how I  feel!"

    "You will become my Lady Macbeth."

    "Not again!" came the horrified cry, gagging and retching noises all around the limp body of the second murder victim. It was the same card in her hand—the same black quill, the same words in blood—

     AVE OMNIA VATES.

    Suddenly, Krystal's body levitated into the air, her jet-black hair floating about her wildly as her head lifted up and her eyes flew open. Thunder sounded outside and lightning cracked as everyone screamed in horror at Krystal's now blood-red eyes. Words flowed from her mouth, four simple words that induced gasps and tears of shock and terror all the same. It was an inhuman voice, so eerie and unnatural that it sounded neither male nor female.

  " The nightmare has begun..." 

  And with that, Krystal's body suddenly convulsed, and it flew backward, slamming into the wall with a loud thud. The only thing the students could do was stare at the now immobile, terribly silent corpse as the storm continued to rage outside in all its roaring fury.