Cassandra

KYLE THE IDIOT, AJ THE ABANDONED DANCE PARTNER, AND ME THE RED-HAIRED GODDESS OF STUPIDITY 

 I absentmindedly ran a finger through my red hair, which was slightly curled and slipped loosely over my right shoulder. Thank goodness for Arthur, who had done me a huge favour for helping me to choose my outfit. I wasn't ashamed to admit it— I did look pretty good.

  (A/N: This is Cassie's dress and mask, chosen by yours truly. Anyways, let's continue.)

  With a soft smile, I grinned at my date, Arthur Lance, masquerade outfit genius in residence

  With a soft smile, I grinned at my date, Arthur Lance, masquerade outfit genius in residence. He returned the smile and I excused myself, slipping off to the side for a little break. I sighed contentedly as I twirled my rose between my fingers and contemplated the night. It had certainly been good to have Arthur as my date, but I just did not feel that he was... well, a date I actually enjoyed a lot, as amazing as he was.

  "Hey AJ!" A voice called behind me.

  I turned, and was quite surprised to see Kyle coming towards me. He was quite elegant in his suit and blue mask, but his voice seemed slightly slurred, so I assumed he had been drinking...(A/N: Guys, trust me. Don't drink, because you may regret what you actually do when you're drunk. Also you'll get super hungover.) 

  "I..." I tried to explain that I wasn't AJ, but he didn't seem to care. He walked over to me, and wrapped one arm around my waist.

  "What are you doing?" I hissed. "AJ's going to kill you!"

  He ignored me. Instead, he took my hand and smiled. "May I have this dance?"

  I stared at him in absolute shock. He was asking me to dance with him?! The last thing I wanted was to seem rude, though, so numbly, I nodded. Slowly, we made our way to the dance floor and began. Then I saw AJ, looking stunned and upset. 

  Oh my God. What had I done?

  I stopped, and Kyle turned. That was when he saw AJ, and he realized what he had done. He recoiled, his eyes wide with horror, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how much of an idiot he had been. AJ stormed out, and Kyle ran after her, shouting desperately for her to come back.

  I stood there, watching as Kyle disappeared through the door. Arthur was staring at me, and I felt terribly unsettled. In a way, I knew that I had lost a great possible friend.

  All because I had been stupid enough to agree to dance with Kyle the Miraculous Idiot.

(A/N: I finally have another chapter! People please don't kill me for breaking AJ and Kyle. Please. Start your wars in the comments.~Julia)