AJ

KYLE DANCES WITH THE WRONG GIRL, THAT IDIOT

Today was the Masquerade Ball.

I walked down the hallways with Brooke, Camille, and a few PJO fans. We'd become fast friends over the fact that we all hated Octavian with a passion. Out of the other PJO fangirls, Serena was pretty much the best. She was fun and shipped everything I shipped, which, really, prevented a lot of ship wars (I mean, Jasmin shipped Samirah and Magnus, which is a sin. Beatrice is much better, and Amir and Samirah are couple goals.)

Together, we walked into the ballroom, searching for our dates. Soon, everyone had spotted theirs and headed off, while I was still looking for Kyle through the ever-growing, masked crowd. The masks only made it harder.

Finally, I spotted him. He was dressed in a nice navy blue tux and a sapphire blue mask, complete with a royal blue tie...

And he was asking Cassie for a dance.

>>>>>>>>>>

"I can't believe Kyle asked you out and then went for another girl," Serena said with disgust, sliding in the chair next to me.

"Me neither," I admitted, taking another swig from my glass of blue cherry coke. "He didn't seem like the kind of person who would do that."

Serena leaned over. I suddenly noticed the way her arm was draping across my shoulders, and she — almost on purpose — leaned towards me, the cool fabric of her sequinned silver dress brushing against my thigh, which was exposed in a small slit. "I'm definitely not."

My brain suddenly went into alert mode. Was she...flirting with me? Not that I had a problem with that sort of thing. I was bi, after all (well, I think I may be). But I couldn't really see her as anything other than a friend.

"Yeah," I chose to say, and started to edge away from her, very subtly, so she wouldn't notice. I didn't want to hurt her, but I didn't feel anything romantic about her, after all.

Suddenly, Kyle very visibly reeled back on the dance floor, an expression of pure shock on his face. Cassie, standing right in front of him, seemed to be rolling her eyes at his idiocy.

Then he noticed me across the crowd and started to make his way towards me.

That dam seaweed brain.

I put down my cup and stormed out, ignoring his shouts for me to come back.

On the way out, I noticed that Camille was dancing right next to Hayden with a blond boy.

Nope, not happening. I pursed my lips and lightly shoved her into Hayden's arms, causing them both to flush a light pink.

A fangirl does everything in her power to make her ships sail...and Camden was one of mine.

After making sure they were dancing together, I marched away, ignoring Kyle's calls.

>>>>>>>>>>

I ended up in a the gazebo. Footsteps came pattering after me, and I knew it was Kyle.

"What do you want?" I muttered.

He looked desperate. "No, AJ, please, listen! I didn't know it was Cassie, I thought it was you!"

"Ha. Likely story. How could you mistake a redhead for a blonde?"

He stopped for a moment. "Uh — I couldn't see very well in the lights."

"Idiot," I muttered.