I'm allergic to vampires! Literally.... Chp 15

Chapter 15

"Adrian where are you taking me?" I was shivering my butt off and the only source of warmth was him. I clutched my jacket tighter around me and the bag of clothes I stole from Rayas's closet. He was carrying me of course and I wish he'd just set me down. I'd trip and fall but I wasn't going to let my dignity drop any lower by snuggling with him. It was dark, the air smelling of pine trees. We were on a mountain no doubt. Clouds obscured the view of the sky to a certain extent and I wanted to see some stars. I was tired too, I didn't recall why.

"You'll see and I have a surprise for you."

"What?"

"I told you, you'll see."

"I hate surprises." I said.

"Ugh your so hard to impress." He grumbled.

"Why are you walking? Can't you just run?"

"I would if I wasn't in slayer territory."

"Then why'd you bring me here?" He didn't answer, tensing.

"What's wrong?" I whispered. He held me tighter.

"You! What are you doing here?" Someone dropped from the trees. I couldn't make out any distinguishing features but the long black jacket proved he was a hunter.

"I'm here to see a test subject."

"Test subject? What is your relation to him or her?" The slayer asked.

"He's my brother." Adrian spat.

"I see, go on ahead." I remained silent, confused. He walked down a well worn path and a building appeared from behind a hidden entrance.

"Is...are we..." I mumbled.

"As I said, you'll see." The glass spinning door blasted us with heat as he walked inside. The secretary smiled at Adrian and let us pass through. It looked like some kind of hospital. Did that mean I would have to face Galen? The one I had been too slow to save? He stopped in front of a door and set me on my feet.

"Go inside."

"What's in there?"

"Just go." My hand hesitated on the door knob and I opened the door. I walked inside seeing Galen on a bed. Monitors were up on a wall, a heart beat present on it.

"Galen?" I asked, tears in my eyes. His eyes lazily drifted open and I ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"I thought I lost you..." I whispered. "Sorry about that."

"Sky? What are you doing here?" He asked, hugging me back.

"Adrian brought me here."

"Oh I see. God I'm so glad your safe." He breathed deeply and exhaled a sigh. "Why did he bring you here?"

"I don't know, I thought you were dead."

"I was but...I changed, I'm a vampire."

"How?"

"You saved me without even knowing it. That blood you gave me, without it I would have died. I'm now some kinda test subject to help other halfies change without dying. I'll be out of here soon once they check out my blood sample."

"So Adrian knew?"

"He's the one that brought me here."

"He didn't want you dead, did he?"

"No, even though he doesn't show it, he does have a heart."

"I would never have guessed." I settled myself on the bed next to him.