Prologue

"So do you wanna tell me just how in the hell you managed to kill ten armed militia men without a gun or help?" He's very suspicious, and I don't blame him. He's from the U.S. government and he doesn't look like your ordinary cop. This guy has seen the worst of the worst and probably more. He's on to me. You might be wondering why I think that. Well the fact that they have, what seems to be titanium cuff links around my wrists and ankles that are chain linked to the floor makes a girl wonder. Yep, he's definitely onto me. "We know your name, Miss Handkens and in a few hours I'll have all your background in a manila folder."  I look up for the first time since they forcibly charged me in here. I actually see him and I can instantly feel his aura just blanketing me. My first reaction to him was "honesty", that's interesting.

He's an older man maybe in his late forties, his dark skin has aged with the secrets of the government and has a thin patch of hair that is receding but still visible on top of his shiny head. The voices in my head yell at me "TRUST HIM JENNA, HE CAN HELP US!"

"NO KEEP YOUR GUARD UP JENNA, IT'S NOT SAFE!" I swallow hard and push their voices away and stare deeply into his harsh brown eyes. "I was having a bad day." I answered his question from before while cocking my head to the left slightly, suggesting I was just as irritated as he was.

He breathes out slowly, trying to maintain his cool. He adjusted his tie that was a deep blue. He literally looked like those guys from the movies, with the suit and all, he even had those dark shaded sunglasses. He was a beacon for the "secret agent" title, I'm not gonna lie if this were any other day I would have found this whole charade quite amusing. But today I had lost control and to be honest I could break out of these cuffs and rip everyone in here apart. But that's not who I am, I came here to leave what I did twelve years ago behind and today was a repeat of history. "Do you know what you did, Miss Handkens?" I just stare at him, masking my inner battle skillfully. "You know why we're here don't you?"

I look at him with sarcasm leaking from my pores, "Actually I would love some enlightenment, so please tell me why I am of U.S. government interest? Tell me why you couldn't just let the Sudanese government deal with me? What I did today doesn't concern you idiots, why can't you just go back to where you came from!" I flinch at the sudden surge of anger, my blood is still hot from earlier. I can't afford to lose it and if I do all hell will break lose.

Literally.

 So I breathe in the hot, humid air and exhale deeply making my body feel limber. I can do this, I can do this.

He watches me carefully. His face has this knowing look, almost like he knows why I am trying to calm myself down. "Alright fine," his tone of voice has become soft, "It looks like we both have questions that require more than just a sit down to get the answers to. So why don't we start off with the easy stuff? My name is agent Roger Snyder, but you can call me Snyder. Not Mr. Snyder, just Snyder." his raspy chuckle makes me soften just enough to let my rattling bones settle in my skin. "Well, do you want me to keep talking or are you gonna tell me your name?" He said leaning in, placing his elbows on the table and crossing his hands. He was grinning now, very amused at my confusion. Why is he acting like he knows me, like he is completely aware of the internal battle I'm dealing with?

"You already know my name." I say, staring at the table. Trying to forget all the dying faces that spiral through my head.

 ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hi, thank you for reading Lionheart, its a piece I've been working on for a while now and I'm so happy that your reading it :) I hope you enjoy it as mush as I enjoy writting it. Thank you sooooo much and positive feedback is always a plus :) And if you find any errors please let me know, thank you.