Chapter 17

(First Person)

Snyder revels at me with all the wonderful possible outcomes of his master plan. I stare in pure disbelief and look down at the table in front of me that has the custom made uniform out for display.

"Hell no." I shake my head furiously and step away waving my hands around in protest. "I refuse to take any part in this."

Pippa's eyes started looking around like a nervous rabbit and Snyder's brows furrowed, "You said you had control of the change?" he said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Control! Are you kidding me! Control means I'm not always turning into a wild animal without knowing it!" I gestured to myself, "This is as controlled as it’s gonna get, Snyder!" I do have control but only over one animal and I can tell they think I only have one animal in my head. Now I don't know if I should tell them or if I should just leave it alone. My head is burning from all of this confusion.

"Calm down, Jenna!" Jackson interjected protectively.

I looked at him incredulously, "Please don't tell me you actually agree with this crazy idea!"

He shrugged his shoulders.

I let out a frustrated sigh while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Jenna, at least let me tell you the whole plan before you completely dismiss it." Snyder pleaded.

I looked around the tiny Observation Box giving all three of them a death glare before leaning against the wall behind me and crossing my arms over my chest. "Humor me." I bite out.

Jackson narrowed his eyes at my retort but Snyder just let out a deep sigh, "Pippa made this uniform from the clothes we received from Africa that came with you from the village. At first we were searching for evidence against you. But after you joining the team I had her run some tests to see what it was made from."

"And." I raised my brows sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes at my indecencies, "And we found it was made from a fabric so rare I don't even think it has a scientific name yet. Where did you get it?"

"In one of the villages I visited, a shaman approached me and told me he had something I needed. When he showed me the clothing I thought he was just a loon. But he told me they would come in handy." I shrugged dismissively, "So instead of being disrespectful I bought them. What does that have anything to do with your plan?"

He eyed me curiously, "It did a lot more than serve as clothing, didn't it?"

I stilled, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh yes you do, Jenna. You know exactly what I'm talking about." he pushed for the truth.

I know I'm caught by this point, "Well, if you want me to be straight forward then yes. They do serve a much more important purpose than just simple clothing." I narrowed my eyes.

"And what is that purpose?"

I looked away uncomfortably, "They can withstand the shifting process. They work like a second layer of skin, basically."

"How exactly does that work?" Jackson rubbed is chin curiously.

"I don't know! Does it look like I have a science major!?! All I know is that when the dusty thingy’s encase me the clothes wouldn't shred and when I would go back to human form I still had clothes on!" I bark at him in frustration.

His eyes went cold as he glares at me.

"Okay, okay." Snyder attempts to simmer all the bad blood in the room. "So then you can use this uniform and shift." he pointed to the black clothing laying on the table.