Realization [Henry]

I am different. I have always been different since coming to Tokyo. I am Chinese born Japanese raised. I look like a foreigner with my blond hair and hazel eyes. I am fortunate to have the family I have and the friends I have. With my American father and my Chinese mother I speak perfect English and Chinese. I am also fluent in Japanese and French. I am different then the guys I grew up with. I feel friendship with girls not lust. That sets me aside with most of my classmates. Except Saske. He has been my neighbor since I was a baby. He shows lust for woman but also friendship. He is a nice guy. He is also my best friend. "Hey Henry!" Saske said as he playfully punched my shoulder. Every morning we walk to school together. "Hey Saske" I said blushing slightly. Only Saske does this to me. "Man we are seniors!!!! Finally!" Saske said excited. "Yeah we are. Almost over" I said kind of sad. "Will you miss it?" I asked. "A little. I'll miss playing with the guys and walking to school with you every morning. Let's make this year a great one!" Saske said again making me blush. "You always turn red around me. Must be a Chinese thing" Saske said noticing. "It....It is" I said playing it off. The truth is I don't know why I get this way around him.

I'll ask my other best friend Mikasa today about it. She knows more about these awkward feelings then I she stays blushing. When I'm around. When our classmate Arai is around. When Lee is around her it's brightest. I looked up at the rising sun and smile. "Whoa hold on man" Saske said taking my glasses off my face. "What?" I said squinting. I can't see without my glasses. "Your glasses are all foggy" Saske said cleaning my glasses then replacing them on my face. "There you go" Saske said. I was bright bright red now. "You alright Henry? Your more red then usual" Saske said. "Maybe I got a fever?" I said trying to play it off. "Hmmm?" Saske said and placed his head to mine. "I don't feel a fever. Come one I'll buy you a water" Saske said and we went into the convenience store. We bought two waters and two snack bars. Then we headed out and to school. Our school is famous because a famous band goes to our school. Blue Rose they are called. They are a twelve member bi-gender group meaning they have guys and girls in their group. The lead girl member and I are kinda close. She is a good friend of mine. We get to school ten minutes before the gate closes. I look around and see Mikasa standing near Lee blushing as normal. "Catch you later Saske" I said waving and walking toward Mikasa. She was blushing extremely hard this day then I saw it. Lee was holding her hand. "Morning Mikasa" I said. "Henry!!!!!" Mikasa said bolting from Lee's side and jump hugging me.

"Excited?" I asked. "Yes come on I'll tell you" Mikasa said leading me away. "Lee asked me out!!!" She said unable to contain her excitement. "Did he now?" I said. "He took my word then" I thought. "Yes last night. He came to the restaurant with Saske" Mikasa said. "Speaking of Saske" I said. "Yeah what's up?" Mikasa said. Picking up on my worried tone instantly like she always does. "I get really hot in my face around him all the time I don't know why" I confessed. "You like him" A girl said. Mikasa and I both looked up and saw Toru standing there with Yuki hand in hand. "Like him? No way Henry can like him" Mikasa said. "There are ways" Yuki said moving his hair out of his eyes with a flick of his head. "He could be gay" Toru said. "No way is Henry gay. He hasn't once kissed a guy!" Mikasa said defending me. "Being gay is more then just kissing a guy. Its also means having feelings for a guy" Yuki said. "Do you Henry?" Toru asked. "Like him?" I asked. "Yeah" Yuki said. "I don't know" I said. "You get hot around him? You blush around him?" Yuki asked. "Yes" I said. "Then you do" Toru said. It took me a moment to take in all Toru was saying. "Henry could you" Mikasa said. "I don't know how else to describe how I get around him" I said.