Delinquent! Maki x Shy! Nico

There she was. The bad girl, the troublemaker, the delinquent. She was.. one of my neighbors, and lived beside me.. ever since i was born. My parents were poor.. So they just had a small house near the mansion the delinquent lived in. Her name was Maki Nishikino, first year, her parents are billionaires and own a famous hospital. Whenever we would walk home, i would see her next to me, carefree. I always wanted to talk to her, but because i'm too shy, not a single word was uttered.

Here we are, at the principle's office, with her, me and the girl that always picked on me. We were in here, because that girl made fun of me and this time, pushed me off my balance, which made me slam my head into the table, where a big bruise was made. The girl didn't feel remorse, but only amusement. Maki, who happened to 'pass by' the third years classroom, barged in and began shouting at the girl, threatening and shit-talking her, then punched her in the gut. Hard.

While we were waiting for the principle to come back from her meeting, i plucked up my courage and asked her, "Why.. are you so kind to me.. and.. distant, cold and violent.. to others?"

She responded, her voice was raspy and low, "I just happen to like you more than others." A light pink tint appearing on her cheeks as she turned her head away from me. I could feel my face heat up.

"Alright. So would you mind explaining what happened here?" The principle gave a glance over to Maki and at the girl, then sighed. "I'm not even surprised at all. Picking on Yazawa-san again?"

"It ain't my fault. She started it." She pointed to the girl that picked on me, which then she retorted back, "Well, too bad Yazawa-san is too much of a pussy! She can't even stand up for herself, do you think she can go out there without thick skin like that?!" The girl stood up and shoved her finger in my face, shouting at the principle.

The principle looked tired of this, and just let them continue their fight. "Thick skin?! The hell's wrong with 'ya?! You're the pussy, here! The only reason you'd make fun of Yazawa-senpai, is because you're just an insecure little piece of shit!" She insulted. The girl seemed taken aback, quite offended with Maki's words. I couldn't take this anymore, the pain throbbing in my head and the exchange of crude insults towards each other, worsening the pain, in an outrage, i stood up. "Do you think it's fun to see others in pain?" I faced the girl, still looking at the floor. I couldn't muster enough courage to look at her, but i felt the need to say it.

The girl only snorted. "Of course it is!"

Maki shoved the chair out of the way and stomped towards the door, cracking her knuckles together. "Let's see if you would still laugh if you were the one being beaten up, you little shit." Before landing a punch on the girl, the principle slammed her hand on the wooden desk, making the slam echo throughout the room. "Enough! You two are expelled. Yazawa-san, please go home and rest." She pointed towards the door, and i left, the other two followed suite.

The girl called for a ride home while Maki and i walked home together. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Even though it was my head that hurt, the girl did manage to scrape my knees a little. I tried to touch it, and instead winced in pain. Maki looked over to me, and offered a hand. "Would you like a piggy-back ride?" I blushed harder as she lifted me up, and started walking back. Again, not a single word was uttered. When we reached home, i kissed her cheeks. Maybe it was the spur of the moment, or just the head concussion, but i did it anyways. She looked surprised, and rubbed her cheeks, adoring me. She smiled sweetly. "Thank you."

"i appreciate the kiss, but maybe somewhere else next time."