Chapter Seven| Xander

I watched as her chest rose and fell, mouth twitching upwards at the corners. Beads of sweat collected on her forehead and I slowly wiped them away. "Done!" I commanded in a sharp voice and she stepped back so her feet were together and brought her arms back to her sides, sword in her left hand. I nodded in acknowledgement and she did it back.

It was the morning of coronation and we were training, since yesterday didn't go as well. Xavier growled at the thought of yesterday, and to be honest it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand. I looked around the room and my eyes caught on the swords. I walked slowly towards mine and picked it up, bouncing it in a hand a few times. I turned to face Jacquelyn and I smiled. "I think it is time I teach you a few basic moves, now that you have your positions down." Excitement flashed through her eyes as she nodded vigorously. I chuckled and walked towards her, spreading my legs into open stance. She copied.

"Okay. For this one, swing your sword back," I did as I said and she copied, "then bring it up over your head, then down, tip pointed outwards." We did it at the same time, her doing a pretty good job. I saw her glance at the racks then back at me, a longing in her eyes. I remember that feeling, Xavier commented, when you found your sword. My slight confusion was cleared and I set my sword down carefully. "Which one?" I ask her gently. "Two." She replied quietly. I must have shown my confusion because she clarified, "there are two that have a pull." I made a small 'o' with my mouth and she giggled. I spread my hand out towards the racks.

She walked cautiously to the swords rack and brought her hand out in front of her, closing her eyes. She passed it over the hilts until her eyes popped open wide and she clutched the one sword that has not been used in decades. My breath hitched as she pulled out the long katana sword and bounced it in her hands a few times. "It's this one," she said, barely audible. I nodded and broke into a grin, coming closer. "That was my great, great grandmothers sword. It has not been used since." Her eyes widened at my comment and she clutched the sword tighter. "Then I'll take great care of it."

She then moved to the bows racks and my puzzlement followed. She did the same with this rack and paused her hand over a long bow and pulled it. She strapped the sword to her waist and held the bow in ready position, like she had already been taught. "I haven't taught you how to use a bow yet.." I trailed off, eyes narrowing. "I don't know," she looked confused and released the string slowly, "how I know, but I do. It just came naturally." She slung it over her shoulders and picked up a quiver filled with arrows and put it over the opposite shoulder. She walked to the middle of the mat and placed the quiver and bow to the right of her, and the katana to the left.

"Although, I'd better be taught how." The bells chimed ten times after she said that and our eyes widened. "Your coronation is at one! That's three hours and you still need to get ready and go over it!" She said, scurrying around the room trying to place everything back to its original positions. I chucked and helped her, taking her by the waist as she finished putting up her bow. "I had fun today," I said in a low voice into her ear. We had a mutual agreement that during training, the games were off and it was all seriousness. But now, we weren't training, were we?

She shivered at my breath and nodded her head, then brought it up to my neck, kissing it slightly. "Me two." She whispered, blowing on my neck. I groaned and stretched it backwards, allowing her to place little kissed all up and down my neck. She smirked and pulled away, and I grabbed her wrist. "Where are you going?" I said, breathless. "To my room.." she trailed off, raising an eyebrow. That's when I saw the purple door behind her. I pulled her in and kissed her hand, then cheek, and let her go, walking into my own room. I was closing the door and I looked up to see her still standing there with a longing in her eyes. I smirked and shut the door the rest of the way. That girl does things to us that there is no amount of training we can use to fight it, Xavier said as I leaned against the door. I mentally nodded in agreement.