Chapter Eleven| Jacquelyn

I let out a shaky laugh and sat down, looking at Isabella and Tay. They have me half smiles and shook their heads. I didn't blame them. I pulled everything that was going into the wedding into one stack, and piled the rest to one side. We still had to decide on flowers and curtains, we had picked out the materials for the table cloths in all the colours of the wedding; lavender, baby blue, and off-white. The candles were baby blue and the vases were lavender, allowing for the wall drapes to be an off white.

"How about this, Jacque?" Tay ask, showing me a swath of off-white and baby blue paisley curtains. I grinned at her and she laughed. "I'll take that as a yes!" Isabella laughed as well but stopped and looked at me intently. I gave her a confused look and she sighed. "What do you want your flowers to be?" I thought it over multiple times, but kept coming back to the same flower. "I think I'll want a lavender orchid." She smiled at my decision. "Perfect choice, my dear." I smiled at her and looked at all the work we had done. Everything was planned for decorations, from the pews in the chapel to the tables in the ballroom, so now all I needed to do was plan the menu with Xander. Oh, and pick out my dress.

I walked slowly back to our rooms, looking at all the decorations and colours. This was going to be my new home, and I wasn't going to loose it this time. I remembered what Xander said about the threats and I knew if anything were to happen or take a turn for the worse, I would always be by his side. He has yet to mark me, or more like I haven't let him, but I was thinking to do it the night of our wedding.

I reached our doors, and entered mine, sparing a glance at his door. I walked to my room of a closet and picked out a silky white dress that was easy to change in and out of. I piled my scarlet hair on top of my head in curls, securing it with pins. I grabbed a pair of white ballet slippers and sat on my bed, playing with my fingers. I thought over my decorating decisions for the wedding until the clock tolled 17 times and I was off the bed in a second. I slowly opened my door and stepped into the hall, nervous about going into the woods with Xander. I smiled to myself at how ridiculous I was being. I knocked on his door and he answered immediately, dressed in comfortable shorts and an undershirt. I smiled at him and he looped his arm in mine. "You look beautiful," he commented. I laughed. He was probably just joking.

We walked out into the gardens, then past the farthest tree, and stopped at the tree line. I saw his eyes sparkle and I laughed. He smiled at me and went to shift behind a tree. I followed suit, just not behind his tree.

I slipped off the dress and started the painful process of shifting. I winced multiple times and bit back several screams and howls. After my bones had shifted and put into place, I walked out from behind the large tree to where Xander stood. I gave him a sloppy grin, despite the pain I was just in. Amusement filled his eyes and he barked out a laugh. I stretched my back and trotted a few paces towards the tree line, Xander following suit. My eyes narrowed into the trees as I figured out the best path to swerve between them. I took off at a sprint, barrelling into the trees, making Xander let a bark of surprise out.

I soon heard pounding foot steps behind me and I slowed a few paces to let Xander join me. I felt his presence beside me and we took off running. As Xander lead me through the trees, I noticed they began to thin out, as if we were coming to an end of the forest. He slowed his pace to a stop and I followed suit. He walked forward, cautiously and I looked around the tree that blocked my vision and I took in a breath. The sight was beautiful, as I gazed through the few trees left. I walked out of the tree line to join Xander. We lay down at the edge if the cliff, looking out over the canyon. Xander nuzzled my neck and I lay my head against his.

We stayed in that position, enjoying each other's company, until the sun went down. We slowly walked through the trees heading back towards home. You just called the castle home, Jasmine commented. I pondered that thought and nodded. It is now, I replied, that Xander has taken part of making sure I belong. She simply nodded and retreated to the depths of my mind.

What happened next was in slow motion. Three hunters came out of litterally no where and shot at us, missing by barely an inch. We full out sprinted to the castle, only having about one mile left.

We didn't even bother to grab our clothing, opting to just sprint inside. We ran to our rooms and changed into our human forms and clothed our bodies. Running could be heard in the hallways and the occasional sound of glass breaking. I ran to Xander's room just as he opened it and he picked me up into his arms. He sprinted down the hallways and stopped infront of a bare piece of wall. To say I was slightly confused was an understatement. Xander tapped his foot thrice and the wall slid open. I gasp in surprise as Isabella and Tayren took me from Xander's arms. "I'll be back," he stated, a determined look in his eye. He left and the wall closed up, separating us from the rest of the world.

I turned to Tayren and Isabella and they gathered me in thier arms. It began as a few droplets, but soon turned into a hurricane. I was comforted by all of the woman servants until I gained my composure. A few gasps went around the room and I looked down to see that I was wearing training gear; shorts and a tunic. Embarrassment showed it's way through my cheeks and a couple of the women laughed. I let out a breath and smiled at them. A place in my chest felt empty; not knowing where Xander was or how he was doing was really taking it's toll.

I sunk to the floor and the rest of the ladies followed suit. I leaned my head on Tayren and let out a sigh. She put her head on top of mine and we slowly drifted, waiting until the attack was finished.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Well. That happened.

No, this (obviously) is not the war Xander saw in his visions. That is still to come:) but this IS a hunter attack. Some are bound to get hurt.

I've said too much as it is! I love you all SOO MUCH!! Thank you for your support, it means so much to me.

xoxo
Nicole

P.S. I am SO sorry for the delay in updating!! I haven't had much inspiration, and I've had to do Spanish this summer:/ language doesn't come too easily to me. Alright, love y'all!