Chapter 3: My Haunting Past

As I was on my way to Beth's, floods of emotion started boiling up inside of me.

I thought about my past.

My

Deep.

Dark.

Past.

I had a boyfriend named Kory.

I remember the first time he hit me.

Slapped me.

Kicked me.

Punched me.

Left Bruises

Down

My body.

He had come home from work one day. It obviously wasn't a good day. He had slammed the door.

"Babe?" I yelled from upstairs.

"Fuck do you want?!" He yelled to me.

I walked down stairs to him taking his shoes off. He threw them in the corner. He had started walking upstairs. I followed him like a lost puppy dog.

"Babe how was your-"

Before I could finish he turned around and slapped me.

"Leave me the fuck alone! Go downstairs and make me some damn food before I get even more mad!" He cursed.

I fell to my knees, holding my cheek into my hands ever so gently. I looked straight. Blank expression, with the sting on my cheek still there. My lip started to quiver. I couldn't cry out. All I shed was tears.

I walked downstairs, and excepted my fate.

I'd probably end up with Kory and be abused the rest of my life.

I wanted to be with him. I wanted to stay with him. He was all I had ever wanted and needed.

I couldn't

Let

Go.

I started making him dinner. Afraid of going back up to our room. Afraid of being hit again. I took as long as possible on dinner.

Wrong

Decision.

Kory slammed the door open, stomped down the stairs. Knocked everything off the table, to get my attention. I jumped.

"WHAT THE HELL IS TAKING YOU SO LONG?!" He screamed. The veins in his neck pulsating.

" I-I I don't K-know." I stammered.

I saw stars. Then everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed with my parents, and Beth surrounding me.

Why was I here?

Why did my neck ache?

Why did my whole body ache?!

My mother explained everything to me.

About how Kory had left the house after he hurt me so bad I passed out. My mom has been calling my phone off the hook. Finally came over and found me on the ground unconscious. She called 911, and they rushed me to the hospital.

Kory ran away.

And they didn't find him until a couple weeks later.

He's tried to contact me since then, but I've blocked him.

I still have that feeling though that one day....

Just one day....

He'll

Try

Something

Stupid.

He'll try to kidnap me.