Chapter 8: Waking Up in Hell

I woke up the next morning and flipped over onto my side. That's when

I

Freaked

Out.

I wasn't next to Diego. I was next to my abusive ex Kory. I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Diego ran into my room, as fast as he could. I shoved Kory off of the bed, Diego started screaming, punching, and hitting him.

Kory started cursing and trying to push Diego off of him. But failed effortlessly.

The security guard came in and escorted Kory tf out.

He shoved Kory into the side of the road and we drove off. Diego rushed back into the room and held me as I started to cry into his arms. I felt so scared in that moment. If Diego wasn't there.... what would Kory have done when I woke up. Would he have kidnapped me? It scares me to think of all of the possibilities.

But

I

Can't

Live

My

Life

In

Fear.

Diego was stroking my hair, and wiping the tears from my face. He then said:

"How about we talk about this over food?"

"You know me too well." I said.

He knows I always cheer up when I get my Nuggs from McDonalds.

We had someone go in and get us food and bring it back to the bus. Me and Diego went to the room and sat facing each other on the bed eating our McDonalds.

"So what do you specifically remember happening last night?" Diego asked.

" I remember not wanting to go to the after party, so I sat and talked on the phone to Beth for a couple of hours. I got tired and I fell asleep. A couple of hours later and I remember hearing what I thought was you, come into the room. So I ignored it. And I went back to bed. Then I woke up this morning, I flipped over onto my side and I was face to face with him, and that's when I screamed, and we kicked him out." I explained to him.

"Damn..." He said.

"I'm so sorry babygirl." He hugged me again and everything felt fine...

But something tells me that won't be the last we hear from Kory....