_8_

Jisung and Akina didn't stay out in the rain much longer. Jisung was scared that if they did, either of them could catch a cold. He ended up pulling Akina under one of the tents to escape. She still had smile on her face as she shivered.

   "You're cold?" Jisung asked, sounding worried.

   Akina shook herself, then folded her arms. "I'll be fine."

   "Akina! Jisung!"

   Jisung turned his head to the source of the excited call, realizing it was Haechan's voice.

   "Haechan?" Jisung asked. "I thought you had to go to a family get-together today."

   "I've been trying to text you for hours," Haechan told him, laughing. "Pabo."

   Jisung pulled out his phone, seeing all the missed texts from Haechan. He looked back up at his friend starting to feel guilty. "Sorry."

   "Don't worry about it." Haechan looked over towards Akina. She shined a real smile in his direction and shivered again. Haechan's smile dropped. Haechan unzipped his jacket and quickly slipped out of it. As he extended it out to Akina, she held her hand on, as if tell him no.

   "You don't have to," she told him. "I'll be fine."

   Haechan gave her a hard look. "Please take it. You're cold."

   Akina hesitated, looking between the jacket and Haechan's serious face. Her hand reached out, grasping the collar and pulled it close. A shy smile played on her lips. "Thank you." She slipped on the jacket and zipped it up.

   Haechan blinked with caring eyes. "Anytime."

   A second past. Two. Three. Jisung counted them as Akina and Haechan caught up. All Jisung could do was stand there, waiting for something he could say, but it never came. Haechan and Akina seemed to connect so well, and they talked so easily about anything. Jisung would always find himself tripping over his words, or blanking on things to say.

   They seemed perfect; her and Haechan. She wore his jacket perfectly. Even their bright smiles matched when they were together, perfectly. It made Jisung feel insecure. His friend was so good with communicating, and he wanted to be like that too. Especially when it came to Akina.

   She's so delicate, and pure, Jisung thought randomly. He tensed at his own words, pushing them away.

   "I'll see you Monday," Haechan told Akina. He started to walk out into the rain, but Akina stopped him by taking his arm. Jisung's heart seemed to jump, and the feel of her hand on his arm played on his skin as he remembered her happily dragging him to the stage to listen to the music.

   "You can't go back in that rain without your jacket," she told him.

   Haechan put on a sly smile. "What? Are you worried about me?"

   Akina pressed her lips together, making them into a thin, white line. "Maybe."

   A huff of a laugh came from Haechan. The tips of his ears turned red, and he had a shy grin on his face. "How adorable. Don't worry, I'll be fine. My ride isn't that far away." He slipped out of her grasp and into the rain. He turned to face the tent while walking backward. "Text me tonight!"

   Akina nodded. Haechan then ran off. "You dork," she whispered, watching him. Amusement danced in her eyes.

   And maybe something else, but Jisung couldn't quite make it out. Maybe it was because he didn't want to know, since there was an inclination.

   The rain lasted for another fifteen minutes, but after that, there was no more for the rest of the evening. Akina followed Jisung as he led her through all of the tents.

   "Jisung, what's your favorite color?" Akina asked as she inspected a small glass bird.

   "Guess."

   "Hm," she thought. Akina set the figure down and turned towards Jisung. Her whole expression lit up. "Red!"

   "Yeah!" Jisung replied, enthusiastically. The thing is, Jisung didn't have a favorite color. It was just because of how excited she was and smiled so brightly when guessing, he told her it was.

   Akina gasped, smile widening. "Really?"

   Jisung nodded.

   At the moment, when Jisung went back to looking at the different items being sold, only one thing stood out against them:

   It was everything with the color red.

   The world seemed to have dimed every other color at that moment, except for the reds. I don't think I'll ever be able to see this color the same again, Jisung thought.

   The sky had darkened, and people set up their chairs in the wet grass, getting ready for a show. Akina found a spot on the cement where it was dry, motioning Jisung to sit next to her.

   "What's everyone getting ready for?" Akina asked.

   "You've really never been to one of these, have you?"

   "Nope."

   Jisung tilted up to look at the sky. The first stars began to shine. Akina followed Jisung's stare as something shot into the night. A huge, golden firework exploded, lighting up the faces of the beholders.

   Jisung smiled, hoping that Akina was too. He glanced over, but Akina's face was as still as stone. The surrounding was lit up again as another exploded. Her eyebrows grew closer together, and Jisung started to feel worried.

   "What's wrong? Do you not like it?" Jisung asked, kind of hurt.

   "They remind me of people," Akina answered, softly. Her voice was smooth, but something ridged hid behind. Jisung watched her patiently. "You see them from far away like they aren't much, but then you get to know them and they fill your life with an explosion. Beautiful colors and brightening your night sky... but then they leave and vanish from your life."

   Jisung felt a pang in his chest. What horrible thing in this world caused her to feel this way? Something must have hurt her bad.

   Akina slowly broke her stare away from the fireworks and into Jisung's eyes. "Please don't vanish from my life, JiJi."

   "I promise," Jisung replied, meaning it with all he had.