lithium

tw: drugs

"just shut the fuck up! you will never be a good mother, and i will never be a good father! we have three children who haven't eaten in two days because we haven't been here!"

"i'm sorry, i'm so, so sorry. we should just give them away."

"no, NO! CAN'T YOU SEE? THE DRUGS ARE GETTING TO YOU! YOU NEED TO GO TO REHAB, OR JUST... just..."

"daddy?"

"h-heather... go back to bed sweetie. i'm sorry mommy and i woke you up."

"okay."

she could she that her mommy was crying, a lot. there were bags under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept for days. what were drugs? and why was mommy taking them? was daddy taking them too?

"why can't you just shut up for once in your life."

"excuse me? you're really asking for it now, aren't you?"

"i-i didn't mean—"

"yes, you did! why can't you think for once in your life?!"

"i'm sorry—"

"no, you're not. if you were, you wouldn't do this anymore."

"do what?"

"i think you should know what the fuck i'm talking about."

"i don't, actually."

"fine, i'll tell you. you'd stop doing drugs. you'd stop wasting your money. maybe you'd stop cheating on me! maybe you'd think before you spoke. and maybe, if things were going well, you'd actually care about this family."

"i do! i do care about this family. and it's not my fault i do drugs, you got into them."

"now, honey, don't blame it on me—"

"how about you shut the fuck up for about a minute?"

"y—"

"no! i've been listening to whatever you say for twenty years, how about you listen to me? you offered me drugs. i was unhappy because of you, so i took them. this is technically all your fault, dickhead."

"don't you talk to me like that, woman."

"shut the hell up! SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT DEMANDS! THEY HAVEN'T THIS FAMILY FOR YEARS AND YEARS, BUT YOU STILL DO IT! WHY WON'T YOU JUST LEAVE?"

"FINE! I WILL, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU REALLY WANT! HELL, IT'S PROBABLY WHAT EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE DAMN WORLD WANTS!"

"LEAVE."

and with that, he slammed the door on his way out, taking their newborn child, richard, with them.

guess who got a chemical burn in science today?? ya girl. also so sorry it's incredibly short, it's a flashback, so there's not a lot to write about, especially since it's mostly dialogue.