Chapter Four- Flirtations and My First Party.

Aria:

"HE SAID WHAT?" Jade hollered.

Rosalie laughed, and repeated herself.

"And then what did he say?"

Rosalie was reporting to us what had happened at the cafe near school. She'd hung out with Fletcher at lunch, and she'd even went to Football practice with him. I couldn't believe it. Already he was coming on strong. I guess she was just a big change from the girls who permed their hair, dyed it black, wore long pink nails, and strutted in heels. She was also much different then the fake blondes who got nose jobs and fake tans. She was natural. I mean, her hair was fake red, but it wasn't such a common color. And she didn't fake laughs at everything, or play dumb. Yes, she talked in a high pitched voice, but it wasn't like she could help it.

Now, we were laughing around lattes. It was entertaining making fun of Fletcher and his goons, and I wasn't even a bit jealous. Not a bit. I couldn't care less that he called her beautiful and wanted to talk to her and payed her so much attention so soon. Nope. Not a bit. Okay, maybe a little.

We were having so much fun, we didn't notice when Fletcher and his friends walked in. Fletcher saw me and frowned, but saw Rosalie and grinned. He walked over confidently, freshly showered and hot. If I still had feelings for him, we would be in his car making out.

He leaned on our table, talking to Rosalie and ignoring Jade and I.  "Hey Rose, you left practice early, you missed my best passes." He said.

"I just needed some coffee."

"Well, you should know, my friend's parents are going out of town, he's throwing a big party, you should come."

"Parties aren't really my thing."

"Babe, most people's parties aren't your thing, you haven't partied with me." He winked, and she blushed. Perfect, she was playing the part well, I almost bought it.

"Well, I don't drive yet, and I don't have a ride."

"I'll pick you up." He smiled. She didn't have time to respond before he said; "Its settled then. 9:00." He did the most infuriating thing, trying to be classy. He took her hand, kissed it, then walked away.

As he backed up, he winked at me and Jade, smirking. I could tell he thought he had us. It was all I could do not to start laughing in his perfectly shaped face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the night of the party. Jade and I were at Rosalie's house to help her get ready. Rosalie lived in an enormous house. I had no idea her dad was rich. He was never at home, and so Rosalie pretty much lived alone, except for their housekeeper and maid. Ms. Van Houn, who was like a grandmother, and Ava, who was a single woman in her thirties, who didn't like talking.

Jade and I were already ready, but we were going separately. I was doing Rosalie's makeup, and Jade was doing her hair. She was straightening it for the party, and I was making her makeup dark and mysterious. I refrained from the old smokey eye effect, and based it more on bronzes and golds, then a small smude of grey on the outside, which complimented her eyes very well. At last, she pulled on her outfit. It was short, silver sequin covered skirt and a slightly cropped, black fringed tanktop. We paired it with  dark strappy suede heels, and a white clutch. We also put in dangly earrings and a bracelet.

Rosalie walked up to her mirror and smiled slightly. "I look hot. I mean, I actually look hot!" She laughed, tossing her hair over her shoulder. 

Jade grinned, then smoothed her pencil skirt and leather jacket as she replied; "Yeah, you do look hot. And remember, the goal of this party is to get Fletcher to keep his eyes on you at least 70% of the time. If we can do that, then we're good."