Chapter Nine- I Want to Kill You.

Rosalie:

I want to kill you was the only thought that ran through my mind as Fletcher and I made up. I want to kill you was the only thought that ran through my mind as Fletcher and I kissed. I want to kill you was the only thought that ran through my mind as Fletcher drove me to school every morning. I want to kill you was the only thought that ran through my mind as I laughed at his jokes, as we ran through the rain, as we made out, as we sat together watching movies. I want to kill you was the only thought that ran through my mind as I cheered for him at games, as I 'dragged' him shopping, as we went out for dinner, as we sat in the park.

"I want to kill him!" I exclaimed to Aria in frustration. We were driving to go pick up Jade and head to the mall.

"I know how you feel." She sighed as she slowed down for the light.

"I mean Spencer is in agony because of him."

"I thought I couldn't hate him anymore, and then he beat him up... We're going to visit Spencer after the mall. I thought we should get him some fries and frozen yogurt."

"Good idea. He's so sweet and nice, and yet he is the one who gets all the bad luck." I mused

"I know. He's like my younger brother. It hurts to see him hurting."

I certainly didn't think of Spencer of a brother, but I didn't admit that to Aria. I wasn't ready to admit that my feelings for Spencer went past brother and friend and right into... well you get the idea. "I agree. He's just the sweetest person, and to hurt him is something only someone who has a heart of stone can do. So his stone heart has to be crushed. Broken. SHATTERED."

"I can't wait to see the look on that little douche's face when you dump him and run into Spencer's newly healed arms."

I felt my cheeks flame red. "ARIA! I SO do not like Spencer."

"And I didn't hook up with Shawn at New Years. And Jade didn't totally lie to us about being sick so she could avoid seeing you after the wholething happened. All those things are clearly real, and not made up." Her voice was laced with sarcasm.

My blush grew darker. "No, seriously! He's just a really good friend!"

"Who you wouldn't mind making out with and being given flowers and chocolate from him."

"So maybe I do like him a little. How did you know?"

She sighed as she swerved around the corner. "Arriiiaaa. Spencer needs a ride to school, even though its 20 minutes out of the way could you PLLEEEASE go get him? Oh, Spencer, I totally just sexily whipped my hair over my shoulder without even knowing you were there!" She mocked me, voice high pitched and eyelashes fluttering.

"I officially hate you."

"Please tell me something that I don't know."

"How to calculate pi." I grinned. Aria had some math issues.

"Don't be a rude whore."

I laughed and drummed my fingers on the car door as we neared Jade's house.

She lived in a scenic neighborhood, with picture perfect families. Her house was white, with bright blue windows and door. Her mother kept the garden up front picture perfect, and her dad kept the lawn as neatly mowed as a golf course. They had a large oak tree out front and wood and rope swing hanging off one of the largest branches.

I always felt like I was intruding on their scenic beauty. Like my divorced parents and rebel side were tainting their sacred ground. I darted up the brick steps to the front porch, which had a bench swing and a few potted plants. I knocked quickly on the door, the mid February air nipping at my bones.