19, cool with you

(cool with you - hers)

Elizabeth wasn't really that into it at the beginning. Not because she felt pressured. Not because she didn't like drugs. It was more so using her body.

But money was money, and that was just another way of making it. She didn't wanna tell him. Elizabeth didn't wanna admit her weakness. And maybe it was pressure.

Brad didn't mind. Honestly, he saw some of them as objects. Well, not objects - more like a job. He had to do what he did, then get his payment. He was starting to care less. He didn't see their beauty, their potential.

Maybe because he told himself that he didn't wanna see it. He didn't need it. The distraction. Feelings was something he couldn't be bothered with.

He mainly didn't wanna think about Elizabeth. But he did, way too often.

And when Brad couldn't stop thinking about her, he would want something strong like alcohol. He would keep on drinking the thoughts about her away. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it only made him want her more.

At that point, he was extremely drunk. It was okay though, because he felt numb. Numb like all of his feelings was gone. Like all of his thought was vanished.

He searched the room quickly to see if someone would be looking at him, or be interested. A girl with short black hair was eyeing him.

He took a cup from a dirty table full of spilled drinks, and drank the rest. His hand went through his curls, and brushed them away from his forehead. Brad approached her with what Elizabeth would have called a stupid simper on his face.

He stood in front of her, unimportant words coming from his lips the girl was staring at, while he was focused on everything than the way she looked. He noticed the amount of jewelry she was wearing, the open purse.

He could tell she wanted him to do much more than just stand there and speak almost callously with her, but Brad wasn't in the mood. In fact he excused himself from her, while sticking his hand down her purse, reaching for the first thing he felt.

Brad walked through the living room, looking down. A heavy red leather wallet. He smiled again satisfied with himself.

He looked up and saw Elizabeth standing with a boy looking a bit older than her. She had a smile on her face, as she looked down shaking her head. The boy was laughing.

Then she turned her head looking out in the room, when she noticed he was staring at her.

Brad looked into her eyes, and suddenly like that, all of the feelings he had been numbing with alcohol, came back.