three

"Longest queue ever! It felt like I was waiting there literally forever", Dodie says as she walks over to our booth.

"I found a model!" I say excitedly, ignoring her complaining.

"I told you you would! What're they like?", She says happily, jumping quickly onto the seat and nearly spilling both our milkshakes in the process.

"He's so pretty Dodes you would not believe".

"Aw does Philly have a little crush on the model?"

"No! I don't even know him, I just meant from a photographer's perspective, he's the perfect candidate to be photographed", I say smiling, trying not to sound too defensive.

"Ok ok, geez, calm down, it wouldn't matter if you did"

"But I don't"

"That's ok too", She giggles. "How did you meet him? Did you go over and talk to him or something?"

"Of course not, you know me, he just sat down without realising I was here"

"Oh that's far less exciting than what I was hoping for"

"Sorry I guess?"

We sit and we sip our drinks, barely talking, both on our phones. That's how we like it though. It's not that we don't like each other, or don't get along, it's just comfortable. As much as we despise the judging stares of the old people, probably thinking things like 'back in my day we talked to each other' or 'this generation is so caught up in their phones', this cafe has free wifi, and being self proclaimed opportunists, of course we're taking advantage.

We take the last sips of our milkshakes as we get up, before taking the empty glasses to the counter.

"You know, I did tell him he was perfect and he blushed", I state matter of factly as we're about to leave, with a grin on my face. Dodie stops in her tracks, probably a mixture of happy, surprised, and annoyed, that I didn't tell her earlier.