six

"Are you really not letting me come?", Dodie whines as she watches me race around trying to get ready.

"I'm really not letting you come"

I've probably spent about an hour in front of the mirror trying to make my hair look right, which is starting to seem kinda hopeless. I've tried on 4 different outfits, and asked dodie her opinion on everything, of course.

Finally after about 3 hours of deliberating, struggling, changing, and stressing, I finally decide i'm going to wear; some black skinny jeans and a t shirt. What a revelation.

"Wish me luck!", I say with fake confidence, grabbing my camera as I run out the door, leaving dodie half asleep in my bed.

"Good luck, tell your boyfriend I said hi"

I walk quickly down the stairs and over to the front door, grabbing my keys on the way.

"Morning dear", my mum greets, appearing suddenly behind me before I can open the door.

"Morning mum", I say, starting to turn the door handle in an attempt to leave without questions.

"Woah woah woah, where are you going young man?"

"Uh, photography thing", I say awkwardly. "For school".

"Dodie's not coming with you?"

"She doesn't take photography"

"Oh, okay"

"Bye!", I say quickly, rushing out the door before she can say anything else.

My hands stay firmly in my pockets as I walk down the street, it's colder than I thought and I'm starting to wish I brought a jacket. I seem to forget that though, almost starting to sweat as I see Dan sitting on a park bench with his legs crossed, looking down at his hands, waiting for me.

"Hey!", I say as I get closer to him, causing him to look up and smile at me.

"Hi".