seven

I want to hug Dan as I approach him, that's how I greet most of my friends, but I refrain. We've only met once after all, we're not exactly friends yet.

"So what are we doing today?", He asks cheerily, hands on hips.

"I was hoping I could take some pictures of you?", I smile, holding up my camera, and immediately cringing at how creepy that sounded.

"Oh yeah. I still don't know why you'd want to take pictures of me though, I'm really nothing special"

"Yes you are", I answer quickly, which he smiles at.

Awkward silence. Great first impression Phil, way to make him like you.

"Anyway um, the flowers over there are really pretty so maybe we'll start over there?", I say to break the silence.

"Sure"

We walk across the park together, both looking at our feet as we make our way towards the flowers.

"It's a lovely day", Dan says after a little while, holding up a hand to shade his eyes as he looks up at the sky.

"Yeah it's perfect", I answer, looking around and subsequently nearly walking into a tree branch. Dan stifles a laugh and I feel my cheeks heat up a little.

We eventually make it across the park after what seems like an eternity, and I ask Dan to stand in front of a flower bed full of little pink flowers.

"I never know how to pose for photos", Dan says, standing awkwardly.

"That's ok, that's why I'm here", I smile, turning on my camera and looking through the viewfinder at him. "Look up a little".

He looks up and squints his eyes slightly, the sunlight shining almost directly into his eyes.

"You can close you eyes if you want", I giggle, stepping a bit closer to him and taking a few pictures.

"What am I supposed to be doing with the rest of me?", He asks with his eyes still closed, barely moving his face.

"Um, I'm pretty much just taking pictures of your face so you don't really have to worry", I reply, stepping back and snapping another couple of pictures before saying, "You can open your eyes now".

"Sorry, I told you I'd be terrible", He blushes.

"You're not terrible, you're doing really good Dan, honestly".

"You're just saying that to be nice", he laughs, running his hand through his curls.

"I swear i'm not", I reply, quickly taking a few photos while he's laughing. "Let's go somewhere else, these flowers aren't really working for me".

♡♡♡

hi hi sorry it's been literally a billion years, i've had exams and stuff pls forgive me :(