four

"Remember, the photography project is due at the end of this month!", The teacher yells over the sound of the bell mixed with the sound of students all shuffling out of the classroom, keen to get home. Unlike them, I want to do well in photography, so I stay behind to ask the teacher a few questions about the assignment.

After about 5 minutes of chatting about photography, I eventually leave the classroom, being immediately greeted by a bored looking Dodie leaning against the wall.

"What took you so long?", She groans, pushing her self off the wall and following me down the empty hallway. "Did you get detention?"

"No, I just wanted to ask some questions about the homework and-"

"Ugghhh, you're such a dork", she interrupts, rolling her head backwards and sighing dramatically.

"Whatever", I say with a smile as I roll my eyes sarcastically. "Wanna sleep over tonight?"

"Sure, I'll text my mum".

Both of our parents think we're dating, especially mine, they love Dodie and invite her over all the time. We just go with it, it's a good cover.

//

I grab Dodie's hand before walking into my house, to make sure my parents keep thinking we're together.

"Hey mum!", I shout as I walk inside, with Dodie close behind.

"Hello dear!", Mum says, popping her head out from the kitchen. "Oh Dorothy! what a nice surprise!"

"Hey", Dodie smiles.

"Can Dodie stay over tonight?", I ask, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a freshly baked cookie.

"Of course, you know she's always welcome"

"Thanks Kath", Dodie says with a grin.

There's a moment of silence before I decide it's awkward and want to leave.

"We're gonna go watch a movie now bye", I say quickly, grabbing four more cookies and pulling Dodie out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room.

I drop Dodie's hand the minute I step into my room, and flop onto my bed, grabbing the remote and flicking on the tv.

"Whaddya wanna watch?" I ask patting the bed next to me for Dodie to sit down, throwing a cookie at her as she does.

"La la land"

"We've watched that at least 20 times Dodie, no"

"Well you asked", She pouts.

"How about High School Musical"

"Kinda gay but whatever"

"Well, I don't mean to alarm you Dodie, but I am gay"

"Just put the movie on Phil".

♡♡♡

hello my twitter is @ origamipml if yall wanna follow it, i mostly just retweet soft pictures of dogs