8 Astagfirullah

Why the hell is Liz calling me? She didn't want anything to do with me just two days back fearing her career might crash and burn, just by associating with me. Little did she know, I could gather more forces and power than my dad, had I been in the privileged place.

Zahra is watching me carefully. As much as like her place, I am not used to living in small closed spaces. And it is making me claustrophobic. I mean, it has nothing to do with her house which is beautiful but my washroom is bigger than Zahra's house. I better move on with / without Zahra to the townhouse my grandfather was wise enough to leave for me as soon as possible.

"Yes, Liz. What can I do for you?" 

I am not so found of people who leave me when things get tough. I stuck with most of them in my own way during their difficult times. But most of them were relieved when  I didn't stop to ask help from them. The few I called politely refused stating my dad. But what really pissed me off is Liz's hesitation.

"Joe love. I am so sorry. I miss you terribly. I shouldn't have been harsh or scared when you called me. But I was. I am in a vulnerable position you know. I tried calling you after, but you didn't answer my call" which is true.

"Liz, I am not in a mood to chit chat. Tell me what you want and get over with it"

"I want to meet you. We need to talk about something"

"Listen Liz, right now, I am busy. I am sorting out some things which very important to me. I cant spare the time. May be latter when I am free, I will call you" I told her in my best control voice.

"Mr. Martinez spoke to me. He was trying to call you but since you are not attending any calls, he thought may be you are with me" God Gracious. Martinez is hold 10% of the Malroy empire. After me and dad, he is the most influential person in the company.

"What does he want? I will call him back"

"No, he is with me right now. We'd like to meet you. Tell us your location and we'd come"

I cant invite people without asking Zahra. So I quickly checked with her, and she was happy to indulge.

"Come over. I will send you the location map"

And I explained everything to Zahra. She listen carefully.

"I don't want to be disrespectful, but can Ms.Liz or Mr. Matinez can be trusted?"

A good question. I need to have a plan to tackle this issue. Martinez is a shrewd fellow. He is very money minded. His priority has always been money. I neither like or dislike him. I don't trust him ofcourse, but I don't feel anything for him. That's the problem. When there is no trust - mistrust , it is difficult to form an opinion.

I think Liz would have realized her mistake. A reason why she was calling me so many times, which I didn't answer. Liz is a supper hot , beautiful, sophisticated person who also has a leading roles in Hollywood. She knows how to entertain a man. She is also very ambitious. There was no love lost in our relationship but I love her company, which is more than I can say about other women. I fall bored very easily. And women can't keep me entertained for much longer. When I lose interest, I don't stand by. Instead I move on.

I thought of Zahra too. I have a very protective instinct when it comes to her. She looks so fragile and delicate. She is beautiful in her own way as what little one can see from her face, is all one get to guess the rest from. She is fiercely loyal to the point of fault, has a strong ethical and moral code for her own good, too large hearted to help anyone and a can make a man humble. My mum had that effect on me. May be that is why I have become very fond of her during these two days. Since I don't form attachments or bonds very easily, my feelings for Zahra can be only as gratitude.

"I don't know if I can trust either of them"

"Then do you want to hold on to the documents for couple of more days before you tell them about it? You don't want any more complications than what we have now. Do you?"

Zahra is right.  

*********************************************

Liz and Martinez came home after 2 hours. Martinez has a neutral expression in his place. But he kept complimenting my house and asking if I willing to do the lawn of his new house. I am an interior designer not a horticulturist. So taking a lawn is not going to be an easy task. But anyway I took his card.

Liz was shooting me arrows from her eyes from the moment she saw me. Her dislike and hatred is so apparent.

"You were a servant at Joe's house. Yea? I have seen you many times. Joe, you should have known better than to stay with servants? What will happen if the tabloids get to know?"

I am not sure how to respond to such open hostility. People in general like me. So I kept quite but I could see Joe's face. He isn't too happy about Liz's attack.

"Liz shut the f*ck up or I will throw you out from this house right away. When everyone, including you, turned your back to me, she helped. So right now, she is the most important person in my life. Be careful what you say"

"I didn't mean that darling. You know how some servants are, ever ready to jump in to bosses bed" she said eying the only bed that is in the studio and assuming too much from it.

But before Joe could answer, Mr.Martinez intervened. "Joe, I only have 10% of the company shares. But I hold a position in the company that demands it. I know you since you were a child. I have seen you work. I was impress and proud of your achievements which made me a very rich man in less than 10 years. So, I have a proposition for you"

Joe and I both held our breath.

"I will give you the attorney power of all my 10% of the shares,  in which you will hold the current director post along with the work that comes with it for about 6 months. I don't trust James or Tom to run the company well. And I have no intentions of losing everything I earned thanks to your wisdom. After 6 months, I need my share of the company to raise to 15%. 25% of whatever earnings during this time is yours along with 75% of monthly salary that I have been given. In 6 months, you can take your rightful place in the company while I get my rightful compensation"

I saw Joe looking at me. I think he better take a day to think over it and go through the other documents also, just in case we find something.

"Zahra?"

"I think you can tell Mr.Martinez your decision tomorrow as you have some work which you were intending to complete by tomorrow. You can join office from Tuesday" I told him secretly urging him to understand.

"Oh yes. I will call you either tonight or tomorrow night Martinez. I am certain I will take the offer most certainly. Just that I need to sort out something before taking up work"

Martinez looked at me with approval. What the hell did I do to get that look? I was stunned.

"Okay, then I am off. Awaiting for your call Joe, and yours Ms.Zahra. I love this apartment. Call me and I need your help in redoing my lawn and an estate interior"

"Sure Mr.Martinez. I will call you. Can I get you something to drink?" I asked him.

"No, I am already late for a family appointment. Liz will drive herself" with that he left and when I turned from the door, what I saw shocked me. Liz was kissing Joe passionately. Astagfirullah.....