Chapter 4

"Wow," Elsa said, glaring at the palace. Just looking at it brought back many memories. She looked at the ice staircase that arched over a large gorge. The right handlebars seemed to be broken off.'

Kai glared at the stairs as well. "That looks very dangerous."

"It's fine," The queen said. She climbed up them.

Kai walked up them cautiously. Suddenly, he slipped over the ice. "Help!" He exclaimed. Right before he could fall into the gorge, Elsa grabbed onto his hand and pulled him back up.

"Thank you," Kai said. "That was terrifying!"

Elsa smiled. "You're welcome."

They walked up to the palace door, which was ajar. They opened it and stepped into the large foyer. Elsa glanced around, smiling.

"What are you so happy about," Kai said, smirking at her.

"I created this palace," The queen said.

"You built this?" Kai was impressed. "Wow." He looked up at the stairs. "Where do those lead into?" He ran up them swiftly. Elsa followed him into a different room. There was a pile of ice shards in the middle of the floor.

"That's probably from my old ice chandelier," Elsa said.

"You had a chandelier?" Kai looked surprised. "You should make a new one."

"Well, okay," Elsa said. Ice shot out from her palm, hitting the ceiling. Soon, a beautiful chandelier formed.

"That was amazing," Kai said, gazing at it in awe. "You have a talent."

Elsa said, "Yeah. I also made Olaf and..."

The floor began rumbling. They both turned around and saw a massive snow monster standing behind them.

"Oh, I forgot about that," Kai said.

"That's Marshmallow," Elsa said, backing away.

"Seriously? You had about a thousand names for a giant snow monster and you chose Marshmallow?"

Elsa rolled her eyes.

"Is he friendly?" Kai asked.

The queen shrugged. She gazed at the monster. "Hello, Marshmallow. Do you remember me?"

The monster glared at her and roared.

"I guess not."

"Run!" Kai yelled. He bolted, but slipped over the ice. "Ugh!"

Marshmallow picked up Kai and yelled, "You're not welcome here!"

"Put him down!" Elsa ordered.

The monster glared at the queen. "Sorry," He said, dropping him. He landed on his back. Marshmallow walked off.

Kai was hyperventilating. He soon calmed down. "Thank you... Again."

Elsa smiled. "He's just doing his job." She helped Kai up. "Do I always have to save you?"

"I can defend myself," Kai exclaimed.

"Well, you have not done a good job proving it."

"Hey!"

Elsa laughed. "I'm just joking. You helped me get rid of that wolf."

"I tamed him and that wolf is Lupus," Kai corrected. "I'm going to keep him."

"Uh, okay." The queen did not really want a wolf in Arendelle.

Kai could see the sun rising. "Oh, look at the sun. You've better get going now," He told her.

Elsa nodded. "Okay. Goodbye, Kai. Are you coming with me?"

"Sure," He said.

They both walked out of the palace. They walked across the stairs and trudged down the mountain. It was not long until they reached Arendelle.

The moment they began crossing the bridge, Lupus ran in front of them.

"Lupus!" Kai yelled. "You can't be here."

The wolf whimpered and trotted away into the forest.

"He needs to be trained," Kai said. "Were will I stay?"

"Um, there are many vacant rooms in the castle. You can stay."

"Thank you!" Kai sprinted inside, but was stopped by castle guards.

Elsa walked up to them and said, "Don't worry. He is with me."

The guards aloud him inside.

Elsa smiled and entered the castle. The staff greeted her as she entered.

Snah approached her and bowed. "Good morning, Queen Elsa. Where were you?"

"Oh, I was with a young man," The queen said dreamily.

"What is his name?"

"Kai," She answered. "He is very kind to me. Even though I am the one who saved him."

"Did you get hurt?" The guard asked.

"Hurt? No, no. We were fine. There was a wolf-"

"Wolf?" Snah unsheathed his sword. "Where is it?"

"Don't worry! Kai tamed it."

"Oh." He sheathed his sword. "How did he do it?"

"It's a secret. Well, that's what he told me."

"Okay." Snah walked off.

Elsa smiled and stared at the wall dreamily. Wait, She thought. What am I doing! She shook her head and glanced around. I feel so foolish! I'm acting like... Anna!

The queen walked into her room. She felt tired. She layed down in her bed and tried to fall asleep, but she was awaken by a loud yell.