Chapter 9

A crescent moon hovered over the dark woods. The stars scattered across the night sky. Elsa and Lupus trudged up the mountain.

Lupus inhaled the air and tilted his head. He sprinted upward, and Elsa ran after him. The terrain turned very hostile as they ran up the mountain.

Elsa soon saw Anna and Sven, standing next to a large cave. They glared inside. "Kristoff!" Anna yelled, her voice echoing. "Kristoff!"

"Anna?"

The princess turned around and fixed her gaze on her sister. "Did you find him?" She asked, worried.

Elsa shook her head. "No. I can't find him anywhere."

Sven bellowed and glared around. He saw Kristoff running towards them.

"Kristoff!" Anna yelled, glad.

Kristoff leaped onto Sven. "I think I saw Hans," He said. "I believe I saw him in the castle, so I followed him."

"Is he still here?" Anna asked.

Kristoff shrugged. "I'm not sure. I saw him last night when I was gathering ice."

Elsa glared up at the North Mountain. She could see thick black smoke rising from it. "Hans must be there."

They all sprinted up the mountain and soon reached the ice palace. Elsa gasped. It was lit in flames, melting to the ground.

"No!" The queen yelled. She ran into the flaming castle. Valdemar was lighting the castle on fire. Elsa was surprised to see that the fire was coming from Valiant's palms. He had fire powers.

The king fixed his gaze on Elsa's. He grimaced and blasted fire at her. The queen dodged his blow and ducked down.

"What are you doing?" The queen asked, frightened.

Valdemar laughed. "Melting your palace. We won't be needing this once we rule Arendelle."

"Who's 'we'?"

Hans walked up to Valdemar, grinning evilly. Suddenly, Kai approached Hans and sighed.

"Kai?" Elsa was shocked. "How could you?"

Kai sighed. "I'm sorry, Elsa."

"Once I'm done with all of you, you'll never be remembered again," Hans said. He unsheathed his sword.

The queen gasped. "No..." She looked at Kai. "Please, help me."

"I'm sorry," Kai said, taking Hans' sword. "I'm just doing my job." He walked behind Elsa.

She gasped. "What?" Suddenly, she felt a sharp sting in her back. She fell over and screamed in pain. She slowly closed her eyes and drifted into the internal darkness.