Chapter 5- Hurt me twice, shame on you.

author's note: Not one of my best chapters but i had writters block and then i had this idea and hopefully something will form on it.

-happy reading!

Ainsley P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of feet running all around the house. Probably the pack members getting ready for their daily routines. After Helen and I walked upstairs last night, she installed me in a very comfy guest room. The curtains were beige with black bordering. The bed was queen size with a beige comforter, and the sheets were silk linen. Across the room, there was a small sitting room with plasma. It was really nice.

She gave me some clothes to sleep on. It was boy sorts-which I didn’t know who they belonged-and a pink tank top. I slept wonderfully. After last night I needed to rest. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep since I left my former pack. And I really needed it.

As I was fully waking up and stretching in the bed I caught the faintest most delicious smell close by of fresh mint and pine. I inhaled sharply, eager to have more of it. And then I realized, if I could smell it then that means Bryan is near. I wanted to get up and run for him ready to jump into his arms. But I couldn’t. It would go against everything I had told him. And he had to come to me. Seriously what did he think? That all I was going to do is cry my eyes out because he screamed at me? Heck no.

I was going to take the offer Helen proposed last night. I was going to stay and play. Helen agreed with me on everything. She said Bryan was a pigheaded jerk who was mentally challenged and couldn’t just be happy because he had a beautiful mate. I’m surprised to know Helen is his mother. One would think he was adopted, but then I thought back to the beautiful hazel eyes the two had.

I decided I was going to be myself around him and not even acknowledge him. I was going to treat him like just another male. And on the way maybe provoke him a little with my female gifts. Yes, I was going to teach him that his words don’t affect me even though the thought of him thinking that I have to be basically perfect for him hurt me, but I wasn’t going to tell him that. I was going to show him he should take me the way I am. I’m not a rogue anymore anyways. And as soon as he comes to me and apologizes, I will explain why I’m a rogue. I can’t wait to see his gorgeous face embarrassed. It’s evil and it’s going to hurt not to pay attention to him. But I like it.

I got out of bed ready to go downstairs for breakfast. My male shorts and tight tank top was going to give him a hard time. But despite my plan I was still going to go easy on him.

Bryan P.O.V

I awoke to the most beautiful smell of roses. HER. I thought as the memories of last night came rushing back. I groaned as I put my hands over my face. I fucked up big time. ‘Yes you did’ my wolf growled at me. Ughh I hate it when he talks to me. ‘And you better fix it before our beautiful mate gets hurt and never comes back to us. She did nothing wrong and you need to let her explain not just accuse her you moron.’ Damn I hate it when he’s right. I didn’t want to hurt her at all and I felt really bad for screaming at her yesterday.  But I got to say if it weren’t for her shocking speech and my wolf, I wouldn’t have changed my mind. Man I got a feisty mate. She looked so hot and cute angry. I just wanted to grab her by the waist and take her to my room. I decided was going to apologize to her and let her explain. Now I that I think of it she probably has a good reason for being a rogue. I wanted her and I was getting a little scared on her getting laid comment. Did she really plan on torturing me like that? No, she wouldn’t.

I slid my legs to the side of the bed. Today is a new day. I walked to closet and threw a white t-shirt over my shoulders and headed for breakfast.