Chapter 3

3rd Person POV

Jack woke up from a, much to his delight, nightmare-free sleep. He felt refreshed, and finally able to think clearly. He went to go brush his teeth and all that jazz, then walked out to the kitchen. Mark was already awake, watching something on his laptop.

"Morning." he greeted.

"Hey. Watcha' watchin'?" Jack replied back.

"Only the weirdest show on the planet. It's called Happy Tree Friends."

Jack stood behind Mark, looking at the computer screen. It looked like a kids cartoon. The racoon was trying to break into the squirrel's house, and the squirrel was setting a trap for him. It didn't seem that wei-

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Jack cried out as the racoon got sawed in half by the trap.

"I know, right?"

"Poor little racoon.... Wait, this is on Netflix?" Jack asked.

"Yup."

"Pull it up on my tv then, I wanna see how weird this show is."

"Ok, whatever you say."

They both sat on the couch, watching cartoon animals die in seemingly every gruesome way possible. After about 30 minutes, Jack had an idea.

"Dude, I just had the best idea ever."

"Oh really? I'm listening."

"We should make some waffles."

Mark hopped up out of his seat, "That's the best idea I've heard all day. Wait, you know how to make them, right?"

"Of course I know how to make waffles! Who doesn't?!"

"Well, you said the same thing about that spaghetti, which you didn't know how to make."

Jack switched over to his Papyrus voice, "My spaghetti was good and you know it! It led your tastes buds on an adventure full of puzzles and japes!"

"Riiiiiight, your spaghetti." Mark said, rolling his eyes.

"Anyway, I actually have a waffle maker. All we have to do is make the mix."

"Got any strawberries to put in it?"

"Oh, hell yeah! I don't know why I never thought doing that! God I feel like such an idiot."

"You can make the mix, I'll cut up the strawberries."

"Perfect."

They both made their way to the kitchen, taking out the materials they needed for their respective tasks. Mark grabbed the largest knife in the set, turning to Jack with a devious look on his face.

"Oh Jaaack~"

"Careful, you might cut your fingers off with that." he said, smiling.

"Ooooor, I could cut you!" Mark pretended to attack Jack (heeey that rhymes), making cliché knife slashing sound effects with his mouth.
Soon they went back to their tasks, talking about random stuff that came to their minds.

"You ready for me to pour in the strawberries?" Mark asked.

"Yup, go on ahead."

He slowly poured the strawberries into the pancake mix, making sure not to miss any.

"Mark, I think you missed a few."

"Huh? Where?" he started to look around the area where he cut them up.

"Right here!" Jack grabbed a handful of Mark's red hair, lightly pulling on it.

"Ha, ha, very funny. Where's the waffle maker so it can start warming up while your mixing in those strawberries?"