Chapter 13

3rd Person POV

I won't have full control. Just a enough to help you out. Come on just try it at least. I promise you'll love the feeling. If you don't, you can always just shut me back out.

"Ok. Let's do it. I trust you."

"Nathan, I know you're still there. Please s-stop."

"N-nate...don't l-let him do th-this. You m-might not be able to s-save me, b-but you can still fight him. I love you, Nathan."

Nate woke up in a cold sweat, images of Morgan's bloodied body burned into his eyes. He was used to the nightmares by now, but they had grown increasingly worse since he had arrived here. Most of the time, he would have the same dream of that day, each time growing more gruesome than the last.

He sat up, using his unbroken hand to push himself up. His eyes widened in realization. His hands were no longer bound, and he was free to move as he wished.

"Mark?"

"Behind you. I cut you loose while you were still sleeping. It was a little easier because of your finger."

"Well that's good!" Nate exclaimed.

"Yeah I know! Now all we have to do is find Jack, and get out of here." Mark smiled.

Nathan was actually happy to see Mark smile again. He saw the warm brown eyes that he had known. The fear he had felt towards him before seemed like a distant memory.

"Ok, well how are we gonna open the door?"

"Yeah, that's the problem, I'm not completely sure. I was thinking that we could probably break it down together?"

"Don't you think that would make too much noise? It's probably better to keep the element of surprise, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right. We can keep that as a last resort. Let's see, what else can we do..."

They both paced the room, looking around for anything they could use. Nate began examining the door with his good hand.

"Wait, wait, Mark!"

"You find something?"

"Yeah, what about this?"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure we can find a piece of glass that'll fit."

Both men looked around the room, looking for any sizable pieces of glass. After 10 minutes of testing each piece, they came across one that was the perfect size.

"Look, this one fits!" Mark said happily.

He carefully applied more pressure to the glass, using it to turn the screw from the door.

"This is kind of unconventional, don't you think? This door, I mean. You usually aren't able to see the screws that well unless the door is open." Nate pointed out.

"Well we aren't dealing with a conventional situation with a conventional guy, are we?" Mark moved on to the last few screws.