Chapter 14

Nate POV

Both me and Mark stared at his phone in shock. We were both dumbfounded, and really didn't know what to say. Mark slowly put his phone back in his pocket.

"Let's go." he said with a stern voice.

I felt a small ping of pain in my head.

"Yeah."

We wandered the halls, quietly and more cautious than before. Not a word was spoken between us, for fear of finding Anti around any corner.

3rd Person POV

More time passed as the two tried desperately to find a way out. They'd tried listening through walls, looking for drafts, any other sources of light; anything. But they came up with nothing each time.

"M-Mark..." Nate said.

"Yeah?" Mark turned around to face him.

Nathan's vision suddenly blurred, and he felt like he was seeing double. His heart pounded and his legs turned to jelly. An intense pain came to his head as he collapsed to the floor.

"Nathan!"

Mark ran over to him. He was twitching on the floor, clutching his head in pain.

"What wrong?!"

"Wow I can't believe that actually worked!" he heard a voice say.

He quickly stood up, standing face to face with none other than Anti.

"H͠o̵w'̢ş ͟i͡t ̡go͠in̷g Ma̧r͜k̛im͘oo̡?̢" Anti giggled.

"What did you do?" Mark asked with his best attempt to sound more confident.

Anti pulled out what looked to be some kind of controller. He pushed one of the buttons in it. Suddenly, the air felt empty, like something was missing. He pressed the button again, and I immediately understood as a low, barely audible hum reached my ears. The type of sound that once you hear it for so long, you forget that you're hearing it.

"Infrasound. 8hz to be exact. It can cause feeling of dread, terror, or more importantly, f͟͠͏̛e͏ą͢͡͞͏r͞."

Mark's eyes went wide.

"It's been playing ever since the livestream. And it's been what? About 30 minutes now? Poor thing, his heart probably felt like it would explode in his chest. I'm surprised he didn't say anything to you about it until now; and that you didn't notice. Or were there signs, and you were just too caught up in your anger to realize it?"

Mark thought back to the times that he'd noticed Nate seemed a bit jumpy, slightly pale, or sweating. He'd brushed it all off as him just getting more frustrated, or just his finger hurting.

"Wow, and I thought you were his friend."

"Shut up."

"Would a good friend let their friend suffer?"

"Shut up." Mark began to shake.

"Would a good friend sit and watch their best friend be consumed by another entity."

"Shut. Up."