Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Left Out

The morning came by fast for Cara, she was feeling nervous to confront her brother. They did what they usually did in the mornings, shower, brush teeth, and get dressed.

A knock on their door caught their attention, "Come in!!", yelled Josh as he finished combing his hair. "Good morning kids!!" Harry greeted happily. Cara ran out of the bathroom excitedly, "HARRY!! Good morning!! Where is Niall?" Cara wondered. Harry smiled at the adorable girl, "He is still sleeping, you know how he is. He always sleeps in." Harry answered and thought for a moment, "Hey why don't we wake him up?" Cara nodded excitedly. She discovered she had feelings for Niall. She really likes him but he doesn't know that yet.

"Hey Josh, I think Zayn wanted to take you somewhere today. I don't know the full details so you need to talk with him." Josh was surprised, out of all the guys Zayn wanted to go somewhere with him? Interesting, he thought. "Okay thanks Harry." Josh sighed, he just wanted to go back to the alleyway behind the bar. He didn't like living with those guys, he felt uncomfortable with them. Even though he is in charge, he still feels like it isn't his place to demand or control them. Plus they're older than him. It doesn't make any sense to him, he's just a kid. Cara is just a first grader and she's in control. It drives him crazy.

It's only been a month since they've ran away and he already wants to go back home. Well if his mother is willing to keep them. But he seen it all. He seen his parents signature on the packet. Just thinking about it makes him feel depressed. Josh doesn't know what's wrong with him, he feels more numb and sad all the time. He always wondered if he was depressed.

"Josh, are you going to eat?" Louis asked coming in his room. Josh didn't realize he has been standing in front of the window looking out for a while. "Oh...um yeah sounds good." He responded. Louis was confused with his answer and felt concerned for the kid.

"Hey is everything alright?" Louis asked, he needs to tell Liam about this. Josh has been out of it lately.

"Huh? Oh hey Louis, I didn't know you came in."

"I just came in, don't worry about it. Your sister is wondering if you're going to be eating with us?" Josh took a quiet deep breath and rubbed his tired eyes. "Yeah sure."

Josh headed down stairs and Louis followed him from behind watching him carefully. Something's obviously bothering him.

"Joshie!!" Cara smiled happily. "Hi Cara."

Cara was sitting between Niall and Harry. Liam and Zayn were sitting with each other talking away. Josh sat next to Niall and then Louis sat right next to him. Harry usually cooks, he made eggs, bacon and pancakes. Everyone loves his cooking.

"Hey buddy, how are you?" Niall asked while stuffing his face and Cara giggled. "I'm good, just tired that's all." Niall nodded with a smile and continued to eat. "Liam can you help me clean up the kitchen?" Louis asked. Before Liam could answer Harry interrupted, "I already cleaned the kitchen Louis. Don't worry about it mate."

Louis screamed in his head, why Harry? WHY?

He wasn't going to give up, one way or another he was going to make sure he talks to Liam.

After everyone was finished eating Niall took Cara in the living room and they watched movies with Zayn. Everyone loves spending time with his sister, he understands why obviously. He barely spends time with his own sister. Josh headed outside in the big back yard. It must be nice to live in a huge place, but Josh was thinking about running away again. Except by himself because Cara is happy here and they take care of her really good. He regrets bringing Cara with him. He always thinks about the night they ran away. Mum could've had Cara still instead of being all alone.