Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Hanging On

*DISCLAIMER: The poem used in this chapter does not belong to me. 'I Wish I Wasn't Alone' by © Jo *

Weeks went by, Josh felt more numb than ever. Cara decided to not ask him any more questions yet until he gets better. She had a feeling he was lying to her and it made her upset. Josh stays in his shared room all alone, he writes all day and ignores everyone around him. When Cara tries to talk to him, Josh wouldn't say anything to her. Not a word. Everyone is very worried about Josh. But Harry is the most worried and concerned for Josh. He's doing all he can to be there for Josh.

Harry and Louis decided to go check up on Josh again. They went up to his room with some snacks and drinks. Harry took a deep breath before knocking on his door. They knew he wasn't going to be answering so they just let themselves in. As always Josh is sitting by the window staring out, thinking. "Hey bud, Louis and I got you something to eat. Also we brought some drinks, apple juice, water and tea." Harry spoke softly rubbing his back. Josh was quiet again, he just sighed. "We'll leave the food and drinks on the stand." Louis said. Louis got up, he was ready to give up on Josh. Out of all the boys Louis couldn't stand seeing Josh like this, it hurt him. As for Harry he isn't going to be giving up on him anytime soon, "I'll see you downstairs Harry..." Harry nodded.

Louis closed the door and headed back down to the living room. Harry sat next to Josh, "How are you doing Josh? Really I want to know." Harry whispered. Josh turned towards Harry with tears in his eyes. His dull blue eyes held so much emotion behind those tears, his eyes were bloodshot and he had bags under his eyes. Josh was barely hanging on. This question made Josh feel like Harry actually did care. Someone actually cares about him. The other boys wouldn't ask this question not even his little sister. He felt all alone.

"Once when I was little I was happy and carefree." Josh said with a few tears running down his cheek. Then continued..

"I used to run around laughing

Until it was time for tea.

I used to play games

And smile all the time.

I used to feel on top of the world.

I used to feel fine.

It's amazing how things change

When people let you down.

And how that once happy face

Turns into a solemn frown.

You search and search

For someone who cares,

Anyone who understands,

Anyone who dares.

Loneliness, it hurts.

It kills you deep inside.

It makes you feel empty.

It stops you in your stride.

You cry yourself to sleep,

Hugging your pillow tight,

Wishing for someone

To hold you through the night.

Once when I was little