Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Where's Cara?

-Josh's Point of View-

It's been a full month since we left home. 

Cara and I have been moving around a few times to different places like behind bars I know that's not a good place to be but all the people there are drunk and don't care about us.  But besides that we are now in an old garbage can. It's really big inside at first I thought it was going to be super dirty but it's not.

"Hey Cara, I think I might need to go out and get some food." I said tapping her shoulder. She smiled and nodded. 

"Okay but hurry because I think Blu is getting hungry." She said while petting Blu. 

I nodded climbing out of the garbage can, when I got to the top I took a deep breath and jumped off. 

"Shit!" I whispered with a groan when I landed on the hard ground. My body ached as I slowly got up and looked at my arms seeing I have a few cuts probably some bruises as well but I'm getting use to it now since I'm the one always going in and out of the garbage can. I'd rather get hurt than have Cara in pain.

I walked towards the sidewalk in front of me shakily, I always get so nervous when I'm heading out because the newspapers I've seen in stores are about Cara and I. People sometimes give me a weird look as if they seen my face somewhere. That's why I have to be careful where I go now.

I turned to my left going seeing loads of people, well this is a city so there is going to be a lot of people here. I sighed and continued walking only bumping into a few people. 

"Hey kid, are you all by yourself?" A middle aged women asked concerned. 

"Just grabbing a few things for my mother, she works a few stores down." I lied easily. It seemed to convince her, "Alright just be careful." She smiled and walked away. 

I hurriedly walked into a random store, "Hello, how are you doing?" the cashier greeted. I smiled and waved not really wanting to talk to anyone. I looked around the place, they had tons of clothes, shoes, and now I think of it. This is the wrong freaking store. But while I'm here I might as well get some new clothes for Cara and I. Also maybe something for Blu.

I searched the store finding the girls section, I walked over there with ease but only having a few people stare at me. I ducked my head down once I reached the girls section. I found some black combat boots, a nice dark grey winter coat, and some matching gloves. Then I looked around some more trying to find the pet section if they had one. I stood on my tippy toes reading the sections, Boy Section, Men, Women, Purse, Perfume, Clone, etc. On my way to the cashier I found a baby section, maybe Blu will fit into one of those. I thought to myself.

I headed over there and grabbing a black winter coat in the smallest size. After that I also got myself the same things as Cara but in the boy's section obviously.

I walked over to the Cashier hesitantly handing him the items. Behind him there was a T.V with the news making me feel extremely nervous.

"Did you hear about those two little kids?" A lady asked walking in the store with a friend. 

"Alright is that all for you?" The cashier asked I nodded.