Chapter 1: Lamest Pick up Line Ever

Alexis's POV:

"Did it hurt?"

"What?"

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

I suppressed a smile, I had a feeling it was probably gonna turn into a laugh and I refused to lose this bet.

"Not budging?"

"Nope," I replied, popping the 'p'.

"Do you have a name?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Duh." I rolled my eyes.

"What is it?"

"Alexis McKnight, nice to meet you," I introduced myself, deciding to just play along.

"I think the name 'mine' suits you better," he suggested with a smile, his pearly whites showing for display. He leaned in and his emerald green eyes lit up as he noticed my hesitation.

I tried my best not to return his perfect smile, but it was definitely getting more difficult.

I reminded myself of why I needed to win this bet. 1) I needed the money. 2) Bragging rights. 3) It would be the first time he's ever lost a bet. With anyone.

Desperately trying to keep a blank expression on my face, I stared at him for a bit before he tried again.

"Are you a camera?"

I smirked. I already knew where this was going.

"'Coz whenever I look at you, I smile," I chorused with him.

He raised his left eyebrow at me but kept quiet.

"Give up, Nico?" I taunted.

"No way, I'm so winning this bet. But if losing it means I get to steal a kiss from you, I'm all in," he drawled.

I scoffed. It was all I could do to not laugh right there and then.

"Might wanna get your wallet out, that 50 bucks is mine," I confidently told him with a flick of my straight, jet black hair.

"You know what else is yours? My heart," he replied in a serious tone, matching with a serious expression.

I couldn't take it anymore. I threw my head back and let my laughter fall freely out of my mouth until my stomach started to hurt.

"YES! I WON! " Nico shouted, jumping up and punching the air. "Pay up, darling."

"No way," I stubbornly pouted.

"Fine, one more."

"Go ahead."

"Is that the sun coming up?" he asked, shielding his eyes with his left hand.

"What?"

What the hell is he on about?? It's Lunchtime...

He let his hand fall back to the table and crossing his arms, leans in then whispers, "Oh, never mind. It was just you. 'Coz you light up my world."

"That's gotta be the lamest pick up line ever," I laugh, stuffing myself with pizza.

"Don't worry, that's just Plan A," he replied, leaning back on the bench.

"What's Plan B?" I ask curiously, putting the piece of pizza back down on my plate.

"To take you hostage."