Chapter 32: Home?

It's been two days since I arrived back in Stormy Brooks. Things have been almost normal. Except for the part where I feel as if someone is watching me. Every time I leave the house I feel as if someone is following me and watching my every move, but the person has never revealed themselves.

I walked towards to kitchen where I saw grandma making breakfast: pancakes, eggs, and bacon. "Hey, grandma," I say as I walk into the kitchen area. She turns around with a large mixing bowl and smiles before replying.

"Hey, sugar. Ready to eat?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, when will it be ready?" I asked her. I don't know if she could tell or not but she kept looking at me. I haven't been sleeping well these past two nights. I feel utterly tired and feel as if I could pass out any moment, but that won't stop me. Even if every night I try to sleep the nightmares returns and my friends are in them.

"I'd say around 10:30 or so. So you got about an hour if you want to go doing something." She said as she turned back around towards the stove to make sure nothing was burning.

"Okay, I'm going to go over to Kyla's house. I'll be back soon." I told her before I walked out the door and onto the streets on Stormy Brooks.

I felt that feeling once more. Someone or something was following me. I quickened my pace as I finally made it to Kyla's house 10 minutes down the road. When I got there, the feeling as if someone was watching me vanished. Thank goodness, I don't think I can deal with that anymore. I have to tell someone, and that someone just opened up the door. Kyla.

"Hey, chica. What's up?" She asked as she chewed some gum, probably mint since that's her favorite. "I need to tell you something," I told her. She dragged me indoors as quickly as she could and pulled me into her room, tell her parents not to bother them.

"Shoot, what's up?" She said as we sat down on the bed in her room.

I sighed, trying to formulate the words I wanted to say until I finally found them. "I feel as if someone is watching me," I begin, which earned a puzzled look from Kyla. "Kyla, let me explain. Every time I leave my grandparents' house someone or something is following me. For the last two days, I've felt like this and I don't know what to do! I'm freakin' tired because I haven't got any sleep either because of the nightmares I've been having. Kyla, please help!" I sobbed.

Kyla wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug, letting me cry for as long as I needed to. "Lena, we need to go to the police or something. You can't keep living like this." Kyla finally spoke, pulling back from our hug.

"What would I say? Oh hey, policeman please arrest this person who I think is watching me, I don't know what they look like or who they are, is that a good enough description for you? Thanks!" I said sarcastically. Kyla gave me a look that said 'shut-up-before-I-make-you.'

Kyla rolled her eyes. "No, my bad, I guess we can't go to the police. Ohhhh, I have an idea! Carry a pocket knife or something with you when you're walking around town. That way when it's all clear you can turn around when they least expect it and see their reaction!"

I look at her for a moment, "Okay, yeah, I'll do that. I've got to get home, grandma is making breakfast. See you later, girl." I told Kyla. She gave me a hug before whispering.

"Be safe girl."

I left Kyla's house and began to head home at the same pace I arrived at Kyla's house. I knew the person was behind me, but at the time I didn't have anything to defend myself with, so I continued walking. When I arrived home I sat grandpa back in his garden working on trying to get some plants up before the winter storm that is supposed to hit comes tomorrow. I grip my coat on closer to me before I head inside the house.