Party Night (Chapter 6)

Hey guys! I know its been forever, and I promise I am still writing, but apparently I can only transfer rough drafts on my laptop, which I can rarely get on, so you may get two or three updates in one sitting and nothing for a week or so. Please stay patient, and keep reading!

-----

The five guys followed the Altean down the concrete steps off the outdoor amphitheater, where other a capella members had gathered to celebrate.

"Welcome to A Ca-Initiation Night," Allura proclaimed. Nyma, who had reluctantly been later admitted, immediately broke away from the group.

Keith hoped she would leave him be the rest of the night.

"I don't know what I'm doing here..." Keith muttered to Hunk who walked up beside him.

"Living the dream," Hunk grinned back. "I've always wanted to join Voltron. I still can't believe they let my fat butt in here."

"What do you mean?"

"Allura wanted all fit males," Hunk told the emo. "She wanted us to be more appealing to the mostly female audience. I think she only needed me due to a lack of members—"

"You're wrong," Keith interrupted. "I heard you sing, you're good. You earned your spot on Voltron. I got lucky."

"Thank you, Keith," Hunk smiled, as he went to go dance and talk with his friend, Pidge.

"Keith!" A sadly familiar voice called. "Keith!" The Galra laughed as he climbed up the rows of the amphitheater seating.

"Do my eyes deceive me? Are you a Voltron loser?"

"Yeah, no..."

"You're one of those a capella underdogs, in an a capella hero, and we're going to be strongest in a capella together, it's inevitable."

"You must be drunk right now, Lotor," Keith rolled his eyes. "I don't think you're going to remember any of this—"

"I'll remember it because I got to see you," Lotor whispered as he grabbed Keith's jacket and tugged him closer. Keith promptly shoved him back.

"Do you want a drink?" Lotor smirked. "I'm going to go get you a drink. You need to get on my level."

"Whatever," Keith jerked from him. Lotor walked away as Lance jogged up the steps to Keith and grabbed his wrists.

"Hey," Lance grinned. "I'm so glad I met you. I think, we're going to be best friends."

"Well, you saw me in the shower, so..." Keith couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Alright, I'm getting a drink," Lance laughed as he turned away. "This Latino needs his salsa juice!" He shimmied his shoulders with a chuckle before sprinting off into the crowd, leaving the emo alone.

The music started, and cheers went up as most shuffled closer to the speakers to sing and dance with each other. Screamed lyrics and solo cups rose high into the starry night as the teenagers enjoyed themselves.