Spring Break (Chapter 18)

Keith sat at his computer, working on another song. He needed more to play for his night shifts at the station.

"Happy spring break," his roommate waved before leaving.

"Thanks."

"In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

"But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain.

"And an athlete."

"And a basket case."

"A princess."

"And a criminal."

"Does that answer your question?"

"Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club."

"Oh, my God," Keith whispered, wiping tears away. "Okay."

Lance was right. The ending, and the song with it, is the best part. Lance... Keith had been a jerk. Now, he couldn't sing with him anymore for the rest of the year. Keith had no idea that he was wrong.

--

"We are from the Collegiate A Cappella Association," Gail informed at the home of one of the main singers on a team that had beaten Voltron. "It has come to our attention
that you are not in college. Is this your mother?"

--

"This is Allura," Allura picked up her phone. Her jaw hit the floor when she heard the news. "Yes, thank you, sir! I look forward to seeing you
again at Lincoln Center. Yes!"

"Ah. Allura?" Hunk asked, shoulder pressing his phone to the side of his face, as oven mitts held trays of cookies.

"Allura?" Shiro asked, dumbells in his hands.

"Are you serious?!" Lance exclaimed, his many other younger siblings trying to tackle him.

"No way..." Pidge exclaimed, a robot sparking in front of the tiny teen.

Keith looked at his phone in the lab office, waiting on his blood tests to finish. He cracked a smile.

"Okay. The aca-gods have looked down on us and they have given us a second chance," Allura exclaimed happily, handing out packets to all the members present.

"I texted Keith," Shiro told her.

"You did what?" She demanded, her smile gone.

"He makes us better," Shiro defended.

"That's not an opinion for you to have, Shiro," Allura countered.

"Why? Because it's not yours?" Shiro retorted. "You're not always right, you know.

"We will win without him," Allura shouted sternly.

-----

Earlier, Keith walked towards Lance's room. He had to apologize and give him his movie back.

He knocked, but there was no answer. "Lance, I know you're in there." Still no answer. "I can smell popcorn. Lance, come on. Open up."

Then, the Latino did, staring down at the slightly shorter emo emotionlessly. "Hey," Keith tried. "I tried to call you. I left you a bunch of messages."

"Yeah, I got them," he muttered back.

"I'm sorry that we fought. I was mad and I overreacted and I'm just... Allura makes me crazy--"

"Seriously? You think I'm mad because you yelled at me?"

"No, I know..."

No, you don't," Lance countered. "You think you know, but you don't. You push away anyone who could possibly care about you. Why is that?"

"I don't know."

"Well, you better figure it out because I'm done with... Whatever this is--"

"Lance..." Keith pleaded, watching as the Latino retreated back into his room.

"I'm done." And with that, the door slammed in his face.

--

"Okay, stop!" Allura shouted. "What is happening to us? Pidge, you sound like you smoke three packs a day. Hunk, you are so behind on choreography. And Lance and Shiro, it is like you haven't been here all year long!"

"Allura, really?" Lance muttered.

"We've literally been here the whole time," Pidge whimpered.

"Allura, please," Hunk begged. "Just give us a break. It's kind of not the same without everyone here."

"We need Keith," Lance offered. The others nodded in agreement.

"Maybe if Allura loosened the reins a little bit--" Shiro offered sarcastically.

"Okay, shut it, Shiro!" Allura snapped.

"Whoa!" Lance exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That was rude," Allura mocked. "Chloe, could you please get your head out of your ass? It's not a hat."

"Aca-awkward," Pidge muttered next to Hunk.

"Again!" Allura ordered, and they all rushed back to their spots.