Failed Attempt (Chapter 8)

Final update for this time, more to come! Thanks for reading!

——

"Woah, woah," one sorority girl yelled, cutting the Voltron team's singing short.

"I'm sorry, I know we're not ready," Allura quickly muttered.

"Damn right," the girl snapped back. "I asked for hot guys, but this...? I'm not paying for this."

The team sulked away, heads down in shame. "I hope you remember this feeling so you'll never want to feel this way again," Allura scolded.

"Whatever," Keith sighed.

"At least this way we have time to make it to our job at the radio station," Lance added beside him with a small smile.

Keith sighed as they continued away in depression, Allura scolding them harshly the whole way back.

Keith and Lance were stacking disks once more, both on opposite sides of a shelf.

Keith heard Lance snicker across from him, and the emo glanced up to see an album cover with a baby face stare at him.

Lance peeked his face out behind it with a grin. Keith obliged him with a small smile, before moving onto the next shelf.

Lance followed him and raised up an Adam Lambert cover, and Keith let out a small chuckle. Lance grinned at him again, and Keith's smile faded again as they continued on yet again.

Keith looked through the shelf as an eyeball cover popped up. Keith laughed a little stronger this time as they continued stacking disks.

When they came to the end of the row of shelves, Lance pulled up another wide-eyed cover, mirroring it as he pulled it away.

Keith couldn't smother his small laugh that time.

"Hey, Lance," the station master called, poking his head outside the booth. "I'm starving, so..."

"So you want me to go get you some lunch?" The stationeer nodded. "You should probably lay off the burgers, you won't be twenty-two forever."

He lifted up his shirt, showing rock hard abs. "I think I'm good."

"He's good," Keith muttered to Lance. "You're good."

Lance muttered something inaudible to Keith and stepped out. As the Latino left, Keith readied to leave at the end of his shift, and pulled out the thumb drive in his jacket pocket.

"Hey, uh, this is another one of my mixes, so if there's anything on there you want to throw on the station..."

"Yeah, I'll add it to the pile," the stationeer nodded as he tossed it in a stack with a bunch of Keith's other mixes.