Results/Narrow Escape (Chapter 13)

I'm going to keep updating! Hope you enjoy!

——

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for," the stage announcer boomed. "The results of tonight's regional competition: in third place, the Sockapellas! In second place, and advancing to this years' semi finals, Voltron!"

"Yeah!" Lance howled.

"Yes! Awesome!" Pidge and Hunk celebrated.

"Nice, nice," Shiro and Keith nodded in agreement.

"And the winner of tonight's regional competition, defending their crown, ladies and gentlemen, the Galra Empire!" Lotor and the rest of the Galra sprinted onto stage to greedily snag their prized trophy.

The Voltron gang started shuffling out to their bus, Keith at the very back.

A few audience members muttered greetings or congratulations to the teens, and they nodded their thanks and continued on.

Keith heard footsteps jog up behind him, and he whirled around just as a hand grabbed his jacket and hauled him back from the others.

Keith caught his footing in the middle of all the Galra.

Lotor stepped forward. "It seems that Voltron is too strict for you, Keith."

"What do you want, Lotor?" Keith growled. "You won, just leave me alone."

"I will, if you join the Galra Empire," Lotor mused as he grabbed Keith's arm. Keith jerked away. "I hear you're good at music manipulation. We could certainly use you."

"I'm not Galra," Keith snapped. "Idiot."

"I don't think that's completely true," Lotor mused. "Zarkon agreed with me. You act and fight like a Galra."

Keith's eyes widened at his statement. Lotor took another step towards him, but Keith backed away and sprinted out after his teammates.

"Lotor, why are you so fixed on this one?" Acxa questioned.

"He's different, I know it," Lotor mused. "And too talented to be stuck with the Voltron losers."

"Go, go!" Keith ordered. The further he was from the Galra, the better.

Sensing Keith's urgent panic, they all took off towards the bus.

"Which way you running?!" Lance demanded.

"This way. This way!" Shiro offered.

"Alright," Pidge squeaked.

"Hunk!" Allura chided, slowing enough for him.

"Vertical running! I'm vertical running!"