Chapter 2.

Shorty?!

Toni kept thinking about that name as she drove home. It was something about it and maybe the reason was because that's the name he used to call her in the early 2000s. It's been almost two decades since they collaborated on a song called Baby You Can Do It and for some reason when he called her "shorty" it brought back those memories.

Once Toni made it home, she immediately checked her schedule to see whether she'd be free for tomorrow. She walked into the house and decided that she would just eat her food in the morning, placing her plate in the refrigerator, since it was almost 2 am. Once she did that, she went upstairs to undress and prepare for bed. Then she received a text message from an unknown number.

Wassup

Who is this?

Damn luv can I at least get a hey back. It's Baby.

How did you get my number? I thought I only asked for yours.

Still no hey huh? I called myself before I gave yo phone back

Oh okay Hey it's late can we talk in the morning I'm exhausted.

Aight

Goodnight

She locked her phone, placed it on the charger, and to bed she went.

___________________________

"Hey Zo,"Toni spoke as she was walking out of the shower on her phone,"Do I have anything planned today. I checked my schedule but just wanted to make sure?"

"No ma'am."

"Okay Thank you, have a good day."

"You too."

She finished drying her body off and put her underwear on. Then she laid in her bed looking for Birdman's number.

Good evening

Wassup?

I'm free today where's the studio and what time should I be there.

Woman of her word I like that, but there's no studio.

Then where are we meeting?

lol my place at 9, I got a few business runs to make first. That's cool with you?

Yea that's fine

Cool

It's currently almost 3 in the afternoon and she had absolutely nothing to do but watch TV. She wished she had someone to hold her and cuddle with or at least make love to her right about now, but honestly when's she's out no man comes up to her. This is what was on her mind constantly.

She got up and went downstairs to fix her food from last night. Taking it out the bag, she placed her plate into the microwave and the time she wanted it to heat on. After it was done heating, she grabbed a glass out of the cabinet to pour her wine. Then she ate right there on the counter.