Chapter 4.

"Hello how are you? I'm here for a Keri Lewis meeting for 3"

"Ms. Braxton, it's a pleasure to meet you. Yes, he's right over here follow me,"the waiter said.

Toni followed the waiter to the table she was supposed to be meeting Keri at. When she made it, she saw Keri but there was no girl. It confused her.

"Hey, glad you can make it."

"Hi Keri where's your girlfriend?"

"Oh she should be here in a few, sit."

They both sat down and talked amongst themselves until finally a tall slim but thick woman came towards their table. She was fair skin, perhaps biracial like Keri, with long hair, hazel eyes, beyond white teeth, and full lips. She was absolutely gorgeous, but of course Toni would never admit that.

"Keri?"

"Hey baby,"He said as they gave each other a warm embrace as Toni sat there with a blank stare.

"Hey sweetheart."

"Nova, this is my ex wife Toni, Toni Nova,"He introduced.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Braxton, Keri has told me everything about you."

"You too Ms.?"

"James, Nova James."

They all finally sat down at the table as a waiter finally came to take their drink order.

"So Nova where are you from?"

"Here actually, born and raised in Los Angeles."

"Really what part?"

"Santa Monica."

"Oh nice, so how'd you meet Keri?"

"He had came to me at a school banquet..."

"Banquet? You have children?"

"I have a daughter named Ava she's the same age as your son Diezel."

"You've met Diezel?"

"No, not yet officially as Keri's girlfriend."

"Oh okay, I've been to all of Diezel's banquets and I've never seen you there."

"Anyway Toni, Nova here is a journalist."

"Yes I am baby, I'm currently doing a story for LA Times."

"What's the story about?"

"Confidential at the moment but I'll make sure to let you know when it's released."

"How old are you?"

"30."

"You like them young huh Keri?"Toni asked causing Nova and him to stare at each other.

"I'm not that old Toni, last time I checked I was younger than you and you married me."

"You wasn't over 10 years younger than me."

"Love is love, I mean age isn't nothing but a number right?"

"Right sweetheart."

"So you guys are really serious about each other, I get it."

The waiter finally came back with their orders and for the rest of the lunch it was pure silence and very uncomfortable. It's obvious to say that she did not like Nova, but she tried her best to not show it because although Keri and her were not together she knew that if he really liked her then she loved him enough to accept that.