Chapter 10.

"Wow, you look beautiful,"Bryan said as he watched Toni enter the restaurant.

"Thank you love, you look nice as well and you smell good."

"Well it is your night, I think you at least deserve a nigga that smells good,"he said making her laugh before he hugged her, "You smell good too."

"Thank you, how'd you know this was my favorite restaurant at the Encore?"

"You know I be paying attention to you baby," He said as he grabbed her hand and escorted her inside the restaurant.

"It's so beautiful here, did you get a room too?"

"A room? Yo freaky ass always trying to get some huh?"

"Whatever and no this is a resort so I just asked ."

"Yea, I got US a room actually."

"Here are your seats?"A hostess said to them.

"Thank you,"said Toni.

"Umm aye can we have that table by the fireplace instead?"Bryan said.

"Sure, of course,"said the hostess.

"What was wrong with that table?"Toni asked confused.

"Um nothing I just thought the fireplace was more romantic."

"Since when you became a romantic?"

"Since I got with the love of my life,"he said kissing her.

Toni and Bryan both grabbed their menus and scanned it to see what they wanted to eat. For their drinks, Bryan ordered traditional red wine simply because he knew what Toni liked. Then he ordered Lobster and steak for them both. He was nervous because he knew tonight was a special night and probably one of the most important nights for the both of them. He knew what he wanted to do but couldn't figure out exactly how to do it and that alone made him very nervous.

On the other hand, Toni was just very confused. She noticed Bryan acting differently but couldn't pinpoint what was going on. He kept stuttering and getting up to go to the restroom. He was overly nervous about something and she knew it. It was like that feeling that your secret admirer was about to ask you to the school formal except they were in a relationship.

"Baby you okay?"

"Yea, why you asked?"

"I don't know you just seem out of it I guess."

"Oh nah I was just umm thinking about something."

"What were you thinking about babe?"

"You. Happy Birthday!"

"You told me that already."

"You right! I know."

"Soooooo, what is it? You making me nervous."

"Congratulations on receiving the Soul Train Legend Award this year."

"Thank you, but I know that is not what you're thinking about. Just spill it."

"I'm sorry baby ummm listen, you know that um I've been digging for a while. Since the day I met you, I knew I wanted to be with you. You're a beautiful woman inside and out. The finest, most caring, sweetest, and supportive woman I've ever met. You've been there for me when no one else wanted to and you've always showed me love...something I've been missing and yearned for my entire life and I thank you for that. You know I always talk about not having a family and feeling the true love of a woman since my mama died and You and your family has embraced me with so much of that love to where I'm certain that I wouldn't want to be nowhere else than wherever you are. I just want you to know and understand how much I love, respect, cherish, and honor you. I'm probably the last nigga you thought you'd end up with and I agree. I'm not the idea person and everyday I think of how unworthy I am of you, but you're literally the best thing that can happen to a nigga. A dream come true and I appreciate you to the fullest. Baby I can't imagine my life without you in it and I know I don't want to be without that feeling forever,"He said pulling out a box, "Michelle I love you more than anything and I just feel that together we're magic. I've been so nervous all day thinking about this, but if I don't do it now I'll regret it for the rest of my life. Toni Michelle Braxton will you marry me?"