Chapter 23

Previously

"We HAVE to get back to the cup, Now."

"What are you talking about?" Cedric inquired.

"Ah!" Harry groaned, holding his hand to his head, no,  his scar.

A cauldron's fire burst to life near the grave Harry visited. Lucy ducked behind a headstone motioning for the boys to do the same, but they did not.

"Harry, what's  going on?" Cedric questioned.

"Get back to the cup!" Harry exclaimed.

A man emerged from an old, word down house, carrying something.

"Who are  you? What do you want?" Cedric demanded, aiming his wand at the man. As he drew closer Lucy recognized him as Peter Pettigrew, aka, Wormtail.

"Kill the spare!" A voice hissed. Wormtail immediately obeyed, shouting "Avada Kedavra!" hitting Cedric straight in the chest.

"NO! Cedric!" Harry cried.

Pettigrew, unconcerned about the life he had just taken, used his wand to force Harry into the hold of a statue, placing its scythe in front of him so he could not escape.

"Do it, now." The voice seemed to be coming from the wrinkly creature that she could now see as what Wormtail was carrying. Again the coward obeyed, dropping it into the boiling water of the cauldron.

Lucy looked around for her Aspen wand-at the foot of Harry's statue captor. Her first wand-not in her boot-it was by Cedric. Her dagger-sword was still in her boot but what good would it do against a wizard unless she could catch him off guard?

Harry screamed and the boiling liquid of the cauldron lit on fire. Wormtail ran like the coward he was and the cauldron...morphed...it...changed into a pale humanoid being. The, dare she call it, man, was draped in smoky, black robes and wore no shoes. Was that-