1

The servant of illumination to the beings of the earth waited patiently as it did everyday for it's time to disappear to come. The sky it filled with a lovely color of yellow spreading across it like yolk of an egg. The dull yet strong light was enough to fill the cracks of the earth and windows of homes. One particular house was in need of it for it could not stand on it's own without it. More specifically who was in great need of that light was the human that roamed the inside of the structure. 

The wooden flooring that held him from the weight of mere pounds to the weight he was now to the walls his fingers always grazed upon bounced a young man's eyes. Where he once had stuck his little hands fell his sight. Although it seemed impossible to others visions, the young man was sure he could still see the red paint that stained the white walls. He let his eyelids rest as he thought he heard the screeching voice of his mother's and the crying of his little brother. 

"No Jimbles!" Screeched the younger version of his mother. Her hands snatched his away from the wall and scanned them with worried eyes. 

"Oh you! I told you to stay out of my drawer! Let's get you cleaned up before your father notices what you've done."

Back then his mother was a painter. It was a ironic that when her children were at their most troublesome stages she'd paint but not when they were barely a worry. Her eldest son always wondered that, why had she stopped doing what she loved when she could have very be doing so and in peace. It was a bothersome thought that his mother never chose to put to rest. 

The young man rose from his spot in the living room and made it to the family bathroom where the events of that day were continued. He recalled being sat on the counter of the sink while his mother, looking exhausted, scrubbed his five year old hands to rid of the red of them. She scrubbed so hard that the boy screamed out in pain. 

"Eomma!"

"What!?"

"You're hurting me!" 

She continued and would not stop until the paint was completely gone. The boy was sobbing by the end of it. As his mother cleaned away his fallen tears he asked her why she had hurt, why had she been so rough on his small delicate hands. What she said to her five year old son forever stayed with him. 

"The color red is one that should never be on one's hands, it is a sin." 

"It's a sin." 

Jimin whispered into the empty room before leaving it. He slowly walked to the kitchen where he was reminded of the same day, but later on. His father had gotten home and they were preparing for their meal. All three of them were serving dinner while the missing member sat at the table ready to eat. Jihyun screeched out in the little words he knew for attention which his father gladly complied in giving him but only after placing a loving kiss on his wife's cheek and caressing the one of his eldest son. 

"Appa looks happy."

His mother smiled a genuine smile that Jimin had not seen much of in his recent years. 

"Work went well today for him. Why don't you go sit with your baby brother while I take the plates over okay?"

The little boy nodded his head but made a request before leaving. "Can I sit next to you?"

When he was given confirmation of so, he skipped right into the next room and took his seat besides his father, next to where his mother would be sitting. There he swung his short legs as he watched his father play with his little brother's small hands. Jihyun tried speaking to him but could not and that put a smile on the man's face. Their mother eventually joined them. She kept her promising in sitting next to her eldest. The family spent afternoon peacefully enjoying each other's presences.

"Where are you?" 

Jimin clutched the left side of his chest in desperation. He breathed in heavily as the tears fell from his cheeks to the ground. The memory left him winded and more hurt than ever. It caused him to think back to that day almost fifteen years ago when all was well and his biggest problem was cleaning red paint from his hands. Back when his brother was a toddler, one who could barely speak and would only complain about having to eat vegetables not that he barely got to see his older brother. 

It'd been two years now since life had been turned to every angle it could for the Park family. 

For the parents of two boys, their fate and whereabouts were unknown but the same could not be said for their offspring. Their youngest went off to find a living with a friend and the money that his elder brother supported him with. And the eldest, he was forced to leave what he loved best, academics, to provide a living for himself and his brother. 

The phone rang in the pocket of the twenty year old. 

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

Jimin sniffed and wiped away the tears from his cheeks. "Almost home."

There was a silence from the other side. Unsure of what to do or even say, the young man stood still and waited for a response. 

"I'm outside."

The call ended and so did the visit. Jimin walked through the dull and dark home while touching its walls with his clean hands. When he was at the door he gave it one last look and wished it farewell until the next time they meet. Every time he did so, he made a wish. A wish that the next time he'd come through the door it would be with the two owners of the building and their other child. Whenever that was, he was ready for it, he had been since the second the wish became a thought. 

The door of the home shut and so did the sad emotions of the young man's. He cleared his facial expressions of anything that hinted to his previous feelings as he made his way to the black car waiting for him. Once inside he forced a grin onto his lips before joining them with his partner's. 

"Let's go home?" He asked. 

The driver nodded his head and took them there exactly. 

Home for Park Jimin was not the house he found himself shedding tears in only minutes ago, where he was welcomed into with the delicious smell of his mother's cooking or the whining of his brother, that ended long ago. Now home was where his family was, where he was safe, and where he was himself.

~'~'~'

Yay 1st Chapter!!! How we feeling about it?

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}