Chapter Twenty-One: Problems Arise.

Ting. Ting. Ting.

Garth sat quietly as he awaited for his uncle to come down for their usual meetings, but today was going to be a tad more interesting for the lover's. It already was for the Lord after hearing some surprising news regarding Victor's return home.

Victor pushed the door open. He looked about the room curiously before turning his attention to Garth. The King took a deep breath before shaking his head. He seemed to be quite tense. The red head ran his fingers through his sleek hair. His ember eyes dimmed as he approached Garth and stood quietly in front of him, "Have you heard from our carriage home or must you insist another two weeks?" Victor was clearly not happy. The King stood over top of Garth; a unhappy sneer across his lips, "This had better not be you."

The raven haired male didn't say a word for a moment. Though, a soft grin did arise across his lips, "Hmph." His vibrant white eyes glowed vibrantly, letting off a light blue glow, "Uncle, do understand this. I have no intentions on keeping you here any longer then intended. In fact," He gestured towards a young male with a scroll in hand, "Your people left this message for you." He tossed his hand up at the male, "Read it. Because if I do, I'll burn the fucking thing."

The carriage driver nodded as he opened the scroll. He seemed just as nervous about what had been done, "My King, since the announcement of the marriage between you and this water sprite, the elder council refuses to let you return with the creature. They request that you come alone for further discussions on the matter. If given valid proof that this water sprite is not dangerous, then it may be brought into the kingdom. You must understand, they have done damage to all of us with the loss of our previous rule." The young male closed the scroll and took a deep breath, "Upon your return, along with Garth's written statement, will determine what they have to say about it."

Victor tensed. The fire in the large hearth sparked; growing with flame as the large male curled his fists, "You're telling me that I can't bring my Prince home to Farwood? That I have to leave him here?" The red headed male shook his head lightly before pointing at Garth, "This, this is your fault!" Victor was enraged. None of this felt right, and none of it added up for him. The male walked back and forth. He pressed his hands together before rubbing his face, "He can't stay here by himself."

Garth merely grinned at his Uncle's outrage. He had expected his temper to boil, and the male's mind was rather, dark. The slender male stood up and approached Victor, "My King, you must understand something for me, I do not want that thing in my house any longer. I was looking forward to this carriage just as much as you, and now, I'm stuck with him while you go home." He sneered his lip lightly and crossed his arms. The male shook his head softly before looking at the carriage driver with the scroll, "He already has my letter on the matter. I expect the council to receive it. I hope you already know my feelings on the subject." Garth stood up. He brushed himself off before giving a soft shrug of his shoulders, "So, you should be going, yes? Because I'm not keeping him here any longer then I have to." Garth gestured his hand upward, "I'll see you in a few weeks time. That is, if they decide to let you have him. If not, well, I'm sure you know what they'll do."

Victor sneered his lip. The red headed male's fists curled in frustration. He gave a stubborn shake of his head before looking down at Garth, "I'm the reason they think they're corrupt! If they will not see the light as I have, then we will never move forward as a kingdom. We will go nowhere if none of us are willing to change." Victor tensed at the mention of what would happen to Cyrus if they denied it. Of course the king wouldn't allow him to be killed in cold blood, but if he wasn't with him, where would his little sprite be? The King took a deep breath before shaking his head, "When do I leave?"

"After you say goodbye."