Chapter Four

(Ty's POV)

   The pounding in my head has subsided to a dull ache. I open my eyes to see the inside of the medic ward. What did I do to........ oh yeah. I reach up to feel the bandage around my head. As I do, something around my neck shits. I bring down my hand to feel a slender chain around my neck. I pull it out from under my shirt to see it. It's an amulet. The chain is made of gold, with a purple gem outlined in more gold. It's beautiful. But where did it come from? It looks ancient. I pull myself up in bed, and a wave of nausea hits me.

I'm about to get up, when the door to my room opens. I see Jason walk in, and then he sees me awake. He gets a big, goofy grin on his face before he envelopes me in a bone-crushing hug. Quinten, Ssunndee, Jerome, and Mitch walk in after.

"Don't you EVER scare me like that again! I though you were DEAD!", Jason screams.

"Oh come on. It's not that bad, right?", I ask.

"Uh, Ty. You've been out for a week! It was pretty bad", Quinten says.

"Oh", is all I manage to squeak. Quinten shoves Jason out of the way with a little shove.

"No strangling the patients, Jason", he says what a playful tease. Jerome takes a step forward and looks down at his feet.

"I'm really sorry Ty. I didn't mean to push you into the current", he mumbles.

     "It's ok, Jerome. I know you didn't mean it".

   "Cool Amulet!", Mitch cuts in, "Where did you get it?".

I glance down at it, before saying, "I actually don't know. I think I had it on underneath my shirt when I woke up by the river".

"Oh that's right! I saw the light reflecting off the chain, and that's when I found you", Jason adds.

"That's really weird. It's a miracle it didn't strangle you while you were in the water", Ssunndee comments. A silence falls over the six of us just as the door to my room opens up. A man walks in, a little bat perched on his shoulder.

"Quinten, you asked me to........", his voice trails off as he looks at us. He's wearing a purple cloak, slightly singed on the bottom. There's a faint scar on his neck. He stops walking, and just stares at us. He looks at each of us, scanning our faces one by one. It's honestly a little creepy. "Ok, what are all of your names, I need to know", he eventually says.

"Ty"
"Quinten, but you know me"
"Mitch"
"Jerome here!"
"I'm Ssunndee"
"U-Uh Jason"

   He pauses for a few seconds before he says, "I'm Seto, Seto of the Sorcerers".

"Ok, now that introductions are over, I need you to look at the wound on Ty's head. I wouldn't have bothered you if it wasn't serious", Quinten says. Seto grunts before coming over to me. He quickly unwraps the bandages around my head, and grimaces.

"Oh, that is bad. I think a healing potion should fox it up", he says as he pulls out a bottle with a pinkish liquid inside.

"Seto, so you're a sorcerer? One of the ones who can shoot fire?", Mitch asks excitedly. "U-Uh, yeah. I can do other things too. Like brew really strong potions". Seto says beofre dumping half of the brew onto my head. He seems uncomfortable about the fire magic. The pain instantly stops, and I hear everyone except Seto gasp in amazement.

   "Now before I leave, I have a question. Is there, umm........ one more of you?" Seto asks.

"What do you mean? More people hurt?", I question.

"N-Never mind. Just, umm....... never mind!", he nearly shouts before leaving the room.

"That's even weirder then Ty's new amulet", Ssunndee says. What the heck made someone like Seto so jumpy? He's usually so calm and level headed. Quinten takes one last look at my head, before saying that I can leave.

   Quinten stays to check on other patients, and the rest of us go back outside to the camp. The sun is setting, and it turns the sky a deep, orange color. This wasn't a very fun experience, but has brought us six closer together. The statue looms over the middle of the camp, casting a shadow onto the dirt. Did Sky ever really exist? What ever happened to him? It almost looks like the statue is missing something. I finger my new amulet while walking back to my tent. Questions can wait. I'm still exhausted from my little 'swim'.