1: Lady in Red

--SQAISHEYS POV--
The streets of New York glowed a pleasant dove white on this buzzing Christmas morning. My timberland boots clonked upon the footpath where the snow had been dredged away in the early hours. My long red coat brushed against my thighs paired with a long red and yellow scarf.
I was on a placement here in New York, working as a sound recorder for a company called D.A.K, hence why I was spending Christmas here, fluttering about town to buy myself breakfast at a cute cafe.
I was alone, but not lonely. In fact I had no intentions of perusing in any sort of romance for at least another couple years- I was twenty, but I hadn't even had my first kiss yet.
The snow fell down upon me, it was cold, but I had never felt so wonderful in my entire life.

--SQUIDS POV--
"Hey Stamps I'm going out for a bit." I told my housemate,
"Really? It looks cold out there." Stampy shouted from his bedroom.
"I'll buy you a croissant from the bakery." I told him.
"You're a legend." He said as I opened the door and closed it behind me.
I got the lift down to the ground floor of the skyscraper in which Stampy and I had rented out. We were both working with Disney, it was a demanding opportunity and so we both decided that it would be best to rent a two-bedroomed apartment for a couple of years.
Stampy and I were both single, having left home we never had the chance to mingle with many girls- nor did we particularly like going out to clubs.
Every so often we'd go out to a pub and talk, very rarely to other people. It wasn't that we were antisocial it was just that we had no need or yearn for romance.
Well, at least I didn't till today; I saw her walking down the white streets of New York. The snow fell upon her red coat. Her hair was blonde and her lips were so red, it was as if the whole sky had swept into her eyes.
And all of a sudden I was breath taken.
I watched her walk down the road, her beautiful eyes watching the world spin.
I needed her: I needed to speak to her, I couldn't just go on in life without knowing her name.
I subtly followed her into a near by bakery, wishing I'd put more effort into my hair I stood behind her in a queue.
The lady had a floral scent, her whole aroma was welcoming, as if it just had to be..
I listened intently to her order, her voice was English. Southern English, Nottingham perhaps?
I ordered the same as her, a croissant and mixed fruit.

I was surprised as the shop was completely empty, and so I looked down at the lady, who had taken off her red coat to real a black dress with a silver necklace.
I looked at her hands, there were no rings.
I approached her, making sure my voice was understandably British.
"Excuse me. I couldn't help notice your accent.." I began, feeling the nerves inside of me.
"Oh- you're English too." She said, smiling,
"Would you mind if I.." I pulled a chair over to her table.
"I am from Yorkshire- Huddersfield." I told her,
"I'm from Northampton- what brings you to New York on Christmas Day?" She asked me,
"I'm living here at the moment. Haven't been home in over a year. What are you doing here, if I may ask?"
"University placement, working for D.A.K- it's a sound and music industry." She explained, "I'll be here for a year or so."
"Nice.. Do you mind if I ask what D.A.K stands for?" I asked, smiling,
"Honestly: I have no idea." She laughed, making me chuckle.
"When did you start?" I asked her,
"I haven't. I'm starting in the new year." She said,
"You better find out what it stands for then." I laughed. Noticing her plate was done, I offered to walk her home. And to my delight, she said yes.

--SQAISHEYS POV--
I couldn't believe my eyes: I was being walked home by a kind and handsome Yorkshire man on Christmas Day. I had never felt so thrilled on Christmas, even though I would spend it alone, I was just so happy to be with someone for a little while. I was charmed.
We chatted all the way back to my house, there was no awkward pauses, no small talk, we were both genuinely interested in each other and I was beginning to like him.
"So who are you spending Christmas with?" He asked me as I stood on my threshold,
"My mum.." I lied, as much as I liked him I couldn't let a man into my house.
"Well I.. I should be going." He said, smiling.
"It was lovely speaking to you." I told him,
"You too." He said, and as the snow fell around us, he lifted my wrist and kissed the back of my hand, making my cheeks blush red.
I didn't even tell him my name.. Or give him my number...
His caring blue eyes looked up at mine, I felt selfish, sending him away. But it had to be done..
"Merry Christmas." He said, before he walked away back onto the white streets of New York.
I watched him take a turn around the corner, before I entered my house, alone.