My Father - Chapter 8

• Dedicated to To Everyone who has read the book Thanks sooo much :)

Chapter 8

I start to tie the bed sheets into knots and then anything that I can find that will make it easy for Elizabeth to climb down, I can just jump. It won’t kill me i’m a mermaid.

“Elizabeth will you please start helping, you are just wasting time” I scold her, she smiles at me and then starts to help too.

“Why did you say that you would marry him Maria? That’s your life ruined” Elizabeth asked me. I stop and look at her; I see the sadness in her eyes. I know that she is feeling guilty for bringing us back to the ship. She had set a massive fire that the ship had seen and then we ended back here.

“I had to, it was the only way to save Jack” I told her while continuing with what I was doing.

“Jack doesn’t want you to do it, he loves you too you know” She told me while we worked.

“Do you love Will?” I ask trying to change the subject.

“I-I-I well... I-I-I... Yes, I do love him, I have always loved Will” She told me while stopping what she was doing to show me the biggest grins I have ever seen her wear.

“Well I am pleased for you but you can’t tell me that agreeing to marry the Cutler was wrong if you are going to do the same for Will” I told her, I saw that what I had said has upset her.

“I will be marrying a decent man. You will be marrying your rapist!” Elizabeth shouts. What she said should have upset me, but i’m over it. It happened last year but i’m fine. Who am I kidding? I still have the nightmares and she knows it.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have shouted, it’s not my decision to make and if you love Jack that much then i’m pleased that you have found some love before you marry him” She told me with a sad smile. I got up and gave her a hug and then started to search for a long shirt of a new under dress, mine was getting dirty but I didn’t want to wear a new dress as it will get dirty. I know that it’s not decent but who cares? We are in the ocean surrounded by pirates i’m, sure they have seen their fair share of women in their underwear before.

“Come on Elizabeth lets go” I tell her while giving up on finding a new dress, I suppose looking in a man’s wardrobe isn’t the most common place to find a woman’s dress. I am so stupid at times.

“Where are we going to go once we are in the water?” She asks.

“Well Elizabeth, I am going to jump in and turn into my mermaid self and then you will hold on to me as we swim across to the black pearl and then we take over the ship by somehow managing to release the crew” I told her sounding pleased with my plan.

“You are barking mad, but it just might work”

Elizabeth and I manage to swim across to the Black Pearl only having to stop a few times before someone saw us. I help Elizabeth onto the rope but I think that it is easier if I just go and help Jack now, that was Elizabeth stays out of danger and helps the crew and I get to see Jack. Win-win right? Yes that’s right.