Playing a Game - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Once I was sure that Jack and Will where far away enough so that they wouldn’t see me I managed to get the window in Jack’s room wide open. I manage to squeeze out of the window and I only then realise the seriousness of this action, I could actually die. I am hanging off the back of a ship without a plan. God i’m stupid! I manage to navigate my way to the Anchors rope and I try wriggling down but this just gives your hands and calves serious rope burn. I almost fall into the water a few times but luckily... Wait a minute! I can fall into the water, i’m a mermaid whoa! God I seriously am stupid, this could have saved loads of time. I managed to gather enough courage to jump of the rope and I feel myself plummet into the warm sea below. I am under the water for a few seconds when I start to feel the tingles in my toes, and rises to my calfs. Once the tingling has met my stomach I know that i’m fully transformed.

 I head to the surface to check that none of the crew heard the splash that I made while falling into the water. Luckily it looks like everyone is busy at whatever job they have to do. I look down and see that I am still in the dress that Daphne gave me in Tortuga, it’s beginning to get heavy and I know that if I want to catch up to Will and Jack that I have to ditch the dress. I manage to rip the dress off and the corset but I decide to leave the under dress on just in case I turn back to a human and end up butt naked in front of a bunch of sex deprived pirates. I look across and see that Will and Jack are half way across to the island so I decide to set off after them. To make sure that I’m not seen when I get closer to them I decide to swim underwater. It’s amazing I can see the brightly coloured fish and the coral is unreal. I have always had a connection to the sea from when I was a young age yet I never knew why until a few weeks ago.

“What Code is Gibbs to keep to if the worst should happen?” I hear Will ask Jack, God I can swim at the speed of light, i’m supper duper fast! I look around I realise that we are now in shallower water and in a cave. I keep to the back to make sure that they can’t see me as they are becoming obsessed with the gold coins at the bottom of the water.

“Pirate’s Code, Any man that falls behind’ is left behind” Even I knew that Will, he looks a bit uneasy about this though. I wonder what he is planning.

“No heroes amongst thieves, eh?” Will jokes with Jack probably trying to lighten the sombre mood the talk of the code brings.

“You know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates you’re well on your way to becoming one. Sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the Fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga and you’re completely obsessed with treasure.” They both look down at this point and because I wasn’t sure where I was going they both saw me, Jack looked angry and Will looked amused.

“Get her up here William, no need for her to be sneaking about now that we have seen her” Jack says while he continues rowing and Will pulls me up and onto the boat.

“I told the men to look after you and make sure you didn’t escape are they completely incapable of holding a girl in a room, you shouldn’t have snuck out either Maria! It’s dangerous” Jack shouts while we hit land, Will gave me his Jacket as I had turned back to human and only had my under dress on. Jack had just enraged me by shouting, he isn’t the boss of me who does he think he is. However I am not stupid like ‘Captain’ Jack Sparrow so I don’t shout and give away our position.