Chapter Five:

Chapter Five:

I stared at the hanyou with wide eyes as he stared back at me from his perch on the window, smiling at me. The teacher and class started to look out the window. Kagome stood up to distract them.

“OH MY GOD A SPIDER!!!” The whole class screamed and the teacher rolled out form behind his desk and started searching for the spider.

I ran to the window. “Go away! Stay where people can’t see you!” I hissed at him, glaring. The half demon rolled his eyes and jumped away.

I ran back to my spot at the front of the room, waiting for the teacher to give up looking for the spider. The fat lump rolled back behind his desk, wiping his brow as he cleared his throat. All the students returned to their desks, waiting for him to speak.

“Continue on Kimi?”

“Uhh…well I was in a very bad car accident and my parents died. So I came to live with Kagome.” I shuffled uncomfortably, still looking out the window for any sign of Inuyasha.

“Oh. Sorry. Um, you can sit in that empty seat in the back, next to the window.”

I nodded and walked to my seat, allowing my backpack to drop to the floor before sitting down. The teacher started to lecture, loosing my interest after the second word, and I doodled on my notes, every now and again looking up to the teacher so he wouldn’t get suspicious.

I’d also look out the window every few seconds. Glaring if I saw any yellow eyes.

By the time lunch came around, Inuyasha had come back to my window at least three times. Kagome and I ran up the stairs to the roof, looking for Inuyasha.

“Oh my god, I’m going to kill him.” She growled as we reached the roof. Inuyasha was perched on the small little wall-fence, standing up as we reached him.

“What are you doing here?!” Kagome hissed.

“We need to start looking for jewel shards again. I’ve come to get you and Kimi.”

“We’re in school. You can’t just take us away! I haven’t even done my test yet!” Kagome growled. I sighed. “Inuyasha how did you know we were here?”

“Your mom told me. Then I followed your scent.”

Kagome and I shared an exasperated look. “So you met the family…”

“Yes.”

We sighed and shook our heads.

“Inuyasha, go back home. We’ll be there soon.” I pointed in the direction of Kagome’s house.

“No.”

“Inuyasha.” Kagome growled. Inuyasha growled.